Inrush current and charging

linkokie

Joined May 9, 2020
Hi i want to purchase a 2000w charger from a lithium battery bank.
im wanting to select the inverter to have 3 adjustable charging currents; 60A, 45A and 25A. it will be run off a generator and need to know inrush currents to confirm it will be able to power the unit up.
at best guess how these china inverters are made.... manufacture quoted 80a inrush for 60a setting. does this seem right?
my next question is. if i selected 45A. would the inrush current be less than the 60A setting. thankyou!!!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32853650562.html

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
first of all 2kW = 240V.rms · 8.33A.rms it is likely more than 6A fuse (would bear) in general household wiring scheme

+ if it's in the industrial environment
then
there are a load of safety std.-s it has to meet . . . is the device certified for such in your country ?

i ran a self-check :: it's 10 & 16 A type C fuses that may do "2kW rated"
however i got *2.4kW resistive heater* that i had to supply with 7A fast acting fuse for it** not to trip the "main" C10 likely at initial draw near 4.8kW (20A)

Last edited:

linkokie

Joined May 9, 2020
first of all 2kW = 240V.rms · 8.33A.rms it is likely more than 6A fuse (would bear) in general household wiring scheme

+ if it's in the industrial environment
then
there are a load of safety std.-s it has to meet . . . is the device certified for such in your country ?

i ran a self-check :: it's 10 & 16 A type C fuses that may do "2kW rated"
however i got *2.4kW resistive heater* that i had to supply with 7A fast acting fuse for it** not to trip the "main" C10 likely at initial draw near 4.8kW (20A)
thanks for the reply. but was more interested in the inrush current rather then appropriately sizing breaker. i do understand your point at start up current standards. however im looking for someone who knows how these are built and can offer me light on inrush currents on start up. and if the selector switch would bring the current down on start up.

linkokie

Joined May 9, 2020
thanks for the reply. but was more interested in the inrush current rather then appropriately sizing breaker. i do understand your point at start up current standards. however im looking for someone who knows how these are built and can offer me light on inrush currents on start up. and if the selector switch would bring the current down on start up.
im guessing the caps will cause start up current to be way higher then 2000W. and my problem is i want to run it off a generator on the 1500W setting. and house at (2000w) setting. the generator should be able to handle a (1500w) start up on the inverter, but not the 2000W. so does the adjustable switch bypass the caps or any other start up problems occurring at 2000w setting.

linkokie

Joined May 9, 2020
after reading more im finding??? the transformer and caps that will have the startup current higher rectifying ac 220v to 29.2v dc. any light on this would be very helpful thanks

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
? why you need to exact fit your power source . . .
a slight "Thermal" would shut down your charger ( if it has a thermal protection built in -- would assume , but -- not specified at ali-express ??? )
https://www.yunyang-china.com/products/uy-2000-hf7220-1/
Xiamen City, China
+86 152 5924 7842
elva@yunyang-china.com

"average operating life ≥ 30000h" \(÷\left({24·365.2425}\right)≈3.4y≈41months\)
. . .
??? http://n.gdyunyang.com/m/prod_view.aspx?TypeId=66&Id=174&Fid=t3:66:3 ??? credibility = pending

Last edited: