Induction PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcdcox

Joined Nov 27, 2015
Screenshot 2015-11-28 16.36.37.png Screenshot 2015-11-28 16.36.37.png
Hi, I want to convert my existing PCB from 220 to 110 volts.

For 110 VAC I have done the following.

1. 110 volt T1 transformer with the same footprint would be a special and costly so I have eliminated the need for it.( It will also reduce the weight of the unit)

2. I am installing a terminal block at BD1+- and applying 12 VDC to it.

3. I am removing ZD4 and R5.

3.1 I then short out R5 and this completes the low voltage circuit.

3.2 I can then check that the low voltage circuit is functioning properly before connecting the high voltage.

4. I can then connect 110 VAC to CN1.

4.1 The question is what components do I need to change on the high voltage side to get the correct current at CN2 and CN3.

4.2 I think I need to change the resistor value at R1 and R4 to get the same VA as 220 VAC but do I need to change others.?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
View attachment 95494 View attachment 95494
Hi, I want to convert my existing PCB from 220 to 110 volts.

For 110 VAC I have done the following.

1. 110 volt T1 transformer with the same footprint would be a special and costly so I have eliminated the need for it.( It will also reduce the weight of the unit)

2. I am installing a terminal block at BD1+- and applying 12 VDC to it.

3. I am removing ZD4 and R5.

3.1 I then short out R5 and this completes the low voltage circuit.

3.2 I can then check that the low voltage circuit is functioning properly before connecting the high voltage.

4. I can then connect 110 VAC to CN1.

4.1 The question is what components do I need to change on the high voltage side to get the correct current at CN2 and CN3.

4.2 I think I need to change the resistor value at R1 and R4 to get the same VA as 220 VAC but do I need to change others.?
The bit that contravenes AAC rules looks a lot like a CFL circuit - do an internet search for compact florescent bulbs used in 110V countries.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Hi, Are you saying my circuit has to have a transformer to comply with AAC rules.?
If you're connecting to the mains, you need a transformer to isolate it, anything after that is fine,

you cant connect to the mains without one, or your thread will be closed down for safety concerns.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised and however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Status
Not open for further replies.