induction loop sensor

johntg

Joined Jan 31, 2019
Im pretty new to circuit design so any help is appreciated.

I bought this induction sensor off of ebay hoping that it would have a relay built in to close a circuit to control my gate. However once received i discovered i received the solid state model that doesnt have a relay with a NO and Common connection rather an Emitter and collector connection. Ive done a bit of testing and im seeing a .2VDC change when the induction loop is triggered by metal. Im looking for help in designing a circuit that can use the emitter and collector connections and switch a Normally open relay.

file:///D:/Backups/Online%20Backup/Network%20Backup/Files%20For%20Visto/Electronics/1950%20Gate/Model%20L-1200%20Series%20Operation%20Manual%20%2003-25-05.pdf

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It looks as though you pasted the location of the document on your hard drive, where we can't see it. Try pointing to the location of the document on the internet.

johntg

Joined Jan 31, 2019
Im pretty new to circuit design so any help is appreciated.

I bought this induction sensor off of ebay hoping that it would have a relay built in to close a circuit to control my gate. However once received i discovered i received the solid state model that doesnt have a relay with a NO and Common connection rather an Emitter and collector connection. Ive done a bit of testing and im seeing a .2VDC change when the induction loop is triggered by metal. Im looking for help in designing a circuit that can use the emitter and collector connections and switch a Normally open relay.

file:///D:/Backups/Online%20Backup/Network%20Backup/Files%20For%20Visto/Electronics/1950%20Gate/Model%20L-1200%20Series%20Operation%20Manual%20%2003-25-05.pdf
http://www.renoae.com/product/root/0/82

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
This isn't twenty questions; you need to be more helpful.

The datasheet you linked has five different model numbers. Which one is yours?

Also, Why can't you exchange the unit you purchased for the correct one? That will be less total effort than coming up with an external circuit.

ak