Induction cookers

tady

Joined Nov 7, 2008
Hello everyone!

Does anyone have experience with induction cookers? I have a gorenje induction hob and it blew the igbts, zeners and the rectifier. I changed ecerything including the 10 ohm resistors and it started working again. Nice switching waveforms.
The cooker was put to the test and we cooked about 10 meals. Then it blew again.
Does anyone know why this happens?
The driving stage uses gate transformers.
Any info is welcome.
Thank you!

tady

Joined Nov 7, 2008
No i dont :/ two igbts connected in series between the supply (320v) and the center si connected to the coil. The other end of the coil is connected to the center of the two capacitors enf the free ends are connected to the power suppy... Something like this.... http://i.stack.imgur.com/c57lE.png but without the C1 on the power supply. There is a optocoupler on the power supply end. I think it is used to detect 0v (zero voltage switching)

tady

Joined Nov 7, 2008
I boubt it. I forgot to mention that the cooker was blown when my friend gave it to me... I fixed it.. It was working for about 14 days and it blew again. I will try it again with 1200v igbts ;) if they blow up again it has to ba a current or shot trough problem..