Increasing amperage in an earth battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan Elan

Joined Jun 8, 2017
Greetings everyone

Please do bear with me as my knowledge in electronics and circuitry is very limited.

Recently I have attempted to create an earth battery following instructions online and its always amazing to read a voltage output. However. I would like to increase the amperage as without it, the power I'm getting seems quite useless.

I'm currently generating 14v but only 2microamps. This measurement is take directly connected to the earth battery without any other circuitry(switches, resistors, capacitors etc.). Is there something I could refer to or follow to bring about an increase in my amperage enough so that I could store it in a cell? I understand I may have to put it through a transformer first before I can use it with normal appliances but thats the next step I guess. Learning to crawl before I learn to walk:)

Thank you so much for your time.
Sincerely
Shan

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
DC voltage will not operate any transformer you connect.
Batteries produce steady DC, transformers operate on A.C. voltage.
What size (sq ft.) are the metal plates you have placed in the ground? Increasing the size of the plates will increase your amperage the same as with any battery.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
The important point here is that you only have 28 microwatts to work with and there isn't a lot you can do with that. Even lighting a white LED to a just about useful intensity would require around 1000 times more power.

Shan Elan

Joined Jun 8, 2017
DC voltage will not operate any transformer you connect.
Batteries produce steady DC, transformers operate on A.C. voltage.
What size (sq ft.) are the metal plates you have placed in the ground? Increasing the size of the plates will increase your amperage the same as with any battery.
Thank you! I'm currently doing the project in a very small scale(i.e. in an ice cube tray) Im using zinc and copper as the anode and cathode. The zinc is a 1 cm strip while the copper is simply a twisted wire.

Shan Elan

Joined Jun 8, 2017
The important point here is that you only have 28 microwatts to work with and there isn't a lot you can do with that. Even lighting a white LED to a just about useful intensity would require around 1000 times more power.
Right so power = current x voltage and voltage = current x resistance. Is there no way for me to increase current and in turn power?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Per Wikipedia...
It had been found that to strengthen the current, it was most advantageous to drive the northerly electropositive electrode deeper into the medium than the southerly electrode. The greatest currents and voltages were obtained when the difference in depth was such that a line joining the two electrodes was in the direction of the magnetic dip, ormagnetic inclination

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Right so power = current x voltage and voltage = current x resistance. Is there no way for me to increase current and in turn power?
Read what @Kermit2 wrote above:

Increasing the size of the plates will increase your amperage the same as with any battery.
Just make your plates 5,000,000 times larger than they are now, and you'll have enough power to run a television set. Easy!

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
A large piece of galvanized roofing(zinc covered steel) about 6 sq ft.
An equally large piece of copper sheet(mucho $$$)
And you could power about a 50 to 100 milliamps Led...
Otherwise it's a good education in why you don't see or hear about earth batteries anymore.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
If you are doing this in a ice cube tray, you probably are not harvesting Telluric currents, but are making a battery of dissimilar metals in a conducting medium. If my deduction is correct, you can increase the current by increasing the surface area of the plates and by increasing the conductivity of the medium (add salt and/or acid).

If indeed you are harvesting Telluric earth currents you can increase currents by using plates with larger surface areas and putting them in parallel with similar plates spread out easet-west. Also, I think mcgyvr's advice in post #6 sounds good.

So which are you making -a dissimilar metal battery in an ice tray or harvesting Telluric currents?

dmck1976

Joined Feb 16, 2024
A large piece of galvanized roofing(zinc covered steel) about 6 sq ft.
An equally large piece of copper sheet(mucho $$$)
And you could power about a 50 to 100 milliamps Led...
Otherwise it's a good education in why you don't see or hear about earth batteries anymore.
we know the amps can be produced when scaled. Why can’t we scale up to a 100 to 200 amps on a big government power plant. The volts are cheap to build.

dmck1976

Joined Feb 16, 2024
Greetings everyone

Please do bear with me as my knowledge in electronics and circuitry is very limited.

Recently I have attempted to create an earth battery following instructions online and its always amazing to read a voltage output. However. I would like to increase the amperage as without it, the power I'm getting seems quite useless.

I'm currently generating 14v but only 2microamps. This measurement is take directly connected to the earth battery without any other circuitry(switches, resistors, capacitors etc.). Is there something I could refer to or follow to bring about an increase in my amperage enough so that I could store it in a cell? I understand I may have to put it through a transformer first before I can use it with normal appliances but thats the next step I guess. Learning to crawl before I learn to walk:)

Thank you so much for your time.
Sincerely
Shan
I was an able to wire a small solar panel to my earth battery in parallel. The circuit used to cheap volts from the earth battery (built to produce more volts than the solar panel) and the amps from the solar. It was a cool test. The same should work with a small battery wired into the earth battery.

Also, increased area for dissimilar metals will increase amps.

water additives also increase amps. I switched to water cells. These work by ripping water molecules apart. Water is the fuel.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I was an able to wire a small solar panel to my earth battery in parallel. The circuit used to cheap volts from the earth battery (built to produce more volts than the solar panel) and the amps from the solar. It was a cool test. The same should work with a small battery wired into the earth battery.

Also, increased area for dissimilar metals will increase amps.

water additives also increase amps. I switched to water cells. These work by ripping water molecules apart. Water is the fuel.
Hey, look at the last post date for this thread.

It's was as dead as dirt.
1708124954025.png

Status
Not open for further replies.