Increase AC(220v,50hz) Frequency to 1khz

Chaitanya Krishna

Joined Jun 1, 2018
How can i increase the AC Frequency to atleast 1-2khz ??

With only transformer i can get the high frequency or can i do with H-Bridge circuit to such frequency.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
A transformer does a voltage conversion. It does not alter the frequency.
If you tell us what you intent to do, we'll be able to give the best option of some that are possible.
What frequency, What voltage, What Current / power.

Chaitanya Krishna

Joined Jun 1, 2018
A transformer does a voltage conversion. It does not alter the frequency.
If you tell us what you intent to do, we'll be able to give the best option of some that are possible.
What frequency, What voltage, What Current / power.
I want to power the RC(radio controlled) underwater Boat which requires DC 14v,40A,I am sending the power supply(DC_lipo battery 4s) over 14awg wire tether power.I want to replace 14awg wire with less gauge wire ( 24 AWG) .

To archive above state i decided to increase AC Frequency and then send to a 24awg wire of 120meters and then rectify to dc in the RC_Boat to DC.

Last edited:

Chaitanya Krishna

Joined Jun 1, 2018
Require High Frequency AC Supply(300V,1-2Khz) ,As of my knowledge increasing frequency AC-AC is hard compare to DC-AC.So I decided to input DC and get AC of 300v,1-2khz .

Please help how to archive this with H-Bridge ,or in any other way.

Whole goal is to send (300v 1-2Khz) through 24AWG wire for 120Meters and rectify to DC at the load(14v,40Amps).

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Just increasing the frequency will not help. The current would be the same so would still need the thick wire. Increasing the voltage would reduce the current so you could use thinner wire. If you also increased the frequency it would mean you could use a smaller transformer in the boat to reduce the voltge. Have you considered just using your local mains frequency and having a 14 volt 40 amp switchmode power supply at the boat end. A switchmode power supply first rectifies the AC input then chops the high voltage DC to a high fequency ( Tens of Khz.) square wave. (It is not a true square wave as PWM is used to regulate the output voltage.) This allows the use of quite a small transformer. The output from this transformer is rectified to give the DC output.

Les.

Chaitanya Krishna

Joined Jun 1, 2018
Just increasing the frequency will not help. The current would be the same so would still need the thick wire. Increasing the voltage would reduce the current so you could use thinner wire. If you also increased the frequency it would mean you could use a smaller transformer in the boat to reduce the voltge. Have you considered just using your local mains frequency and having a 14 volt 40 amp switchmode power supply at the boat end. A switchmode power supply first rectifies the AC input then chops the high voltage DC to a high fequency ( Tens of Khz.) square wave. (It is not a true square wave as PWM is used to regulate the output voltage.) This allows the use of quite a small transformer. The output from this transformer is rectified to give the DC output.

Les.
The water body areas are of no local power supply(less budget for AC generator,DC is silent too),so i think i can supply DC from my car battery or any dc source batteries,by searching internet i got to know that to thin the supply wire ,need to invert DC to AC frequency increase and then rectify at load.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013