INA122P amp gain

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
No, the real issue is that I didn't grill you for detailed information before wasting my time.
Just state what you are trying to accomplish,
and what you have to work with,
and you'll get much more pertinent answers.

Don't take it too hard,
this exact thing is a chronic problem in these Forums,
you're not the only one.

A "manufactured" Pedal-Set is the way you should go.
Although, I wouldn't exactly call it "realistic".
Real Brake-Pedals, in Real Race-Cars, require upwards of ~150 pounds of force, or more.

niterida

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Woohoo I fixed it - upon further research into my pedals and my loadcell setup I found I had bought an interface cable and when I went back to the website I bought it from I found they had calibration software for the cable (it obviously has a chip/board in it).
Once I calibrated the pedal it works as expected - slight pressure now registers as braking input.

Thanks for everyones input and sorry to have wasted your time.

niterida

Joined Dec 27, 2019
No, the real issue is that I didn't grill you for detailed information before wasting my time.
Just state what you are trying to accomplish,
and what you have to work with,
and you'll get much more pertinent answers.

Don't take it too hard,
this exact thing is a chronic problem in these Forums,
you're not the only one.

A "manufactured" Pedal-Set is the way you should go.
Although, I wouldn't exactly call it "realistic".
Real Brake-Pedals, in Real Race-Cars, require upwards of ~150 pounds of force, or more.
Yeah I hear ya but I was just hoping there was an easy fix to get the INA122 to output more voltage from lower input - the way I was using it was pretty much irrelevant. Turns out the answer to my original question was pretty much a simple "No" and that wasn't my problem anyway :)

So my setup is very much like a real brake and can be changed with the variable pot and variable pedal arm ratios to resemble a family car (soft and squishy and lots of pedal travel) to a full on race car (rock hard). I can even set it so all my weight on the pedal will only just register 100% braking. With the new calibration I can even be real sensitive and just trail the brakes and no more - which is what I was trying to achieve.

Cheers

AA+

Joined Jan 4, 2014
I thInk the basic problem was that the load cell-amplifier required a voltage offset rather than a large gain. I am glad the OP found a good solution --- Allen Anway