Import simulation data to Proteus

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Hi, I would like to simulate a circuit with Proteus with an LTC6400. This component is not in the default library. Now on Library loader there is the PCB footprint, the symbol for the schematic and the 3D model (https://componentsearchengine.com/part-view/LTC6400CUD-26#PBF/Linear Technology) but I can't simulate it because it is missing the spice file for simulation. AD provides the Sys-Parameters file for Keysight (https://www.analog.com/en/products/ltc6400-26.html#product-documentation) but not for Proteus. Is there a possibility to simulate the 6400 on Proteus? On LTSpice it can be simulated but can't create the PCB? .Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
The first thing I would advise is to copy the desired model to a separate file. I have given you too many models. For this you need a basic knowledge - what is a subcircuit and the syntax of a subcircuit. Namely the first and last lines. If you seriously intend to use Proteus or any other spice-like program, you will have to learn this. The syntax of the models I have given fits all spice programs. LTspice has more advanced models that are only suitable for LTspice. In fact, I gave you older versions of the models.

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
I saw that the LIB file is a proteus file. It is not a problem to extract the .SUBCKT part. However, applying the method in the youspice link does not work maybe because it works with PSpice models and I think they are very different looking at the data. At least I have not succeeded but it is also true that I have no experience of importing on proteus although I have been using it for some time. LT Spice is a good program but it has a military library and above all you can't create the PCB in case you need to. Is the LTC.LIB file part of another version of proteus?

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Maybe I succeeded but I need to check. Don't mind the previous message. I used a translator who wrote some amazing bullshit and unfortunately you can't edit the messages (why?).

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
OK, in simulation now it don't give any spice error but something goes wrong.At the end of simulation i give :

Pin 'V+_1' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin 'V+_2' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin 'V+_3' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin 'V-_1' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin 'V-_3' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin 'V-_2' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin '-OUT' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin '-OUTF' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin '+OUTF' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin '+OUT' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin 'ENABLE' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin 'THERMAL_PAD' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin '-IN_2' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin '-IN_1' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin '+IN_2' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin '+IN_1' does not exist in child module. [U1]
Pin 'VOCM' does not exist in child module. [U1]

I've checked the child sheet and is completely blank.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
The library I posted is suitable for all Spice programs. Including Proteus. I suggest using LTspiceXVII, together with my extensive additional library. LTspiceXVII has a newer, improved version of this chip model. My model collection and method of adding it can be found on my web page:
http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org/

DaniKowa

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Hi Bordodinov, thank you again for your libraries. Already I use LTSpice for simulation. Unfortunately the limit with that is the PCB creation. If that file is also compatible with Proteus, I will retry to import there. Probably I've wrong something in the procedure.