I'm looking for an equivalent replacement/ alternative for transistors like B744, B731.

Skipper_Jos

Joined Dec 27, 2019
Hi..
I have an EX-800 and couldn't get any sounds from it. I tried to fix it but found that most of the components used are either expensive or out of production. I'm looking for an equivalent replacement of these components from a suitable source in order to fix it.

Sallen35

Joined Dec 27, 2019
You will want to look at the key specs for each transistor and then find modern equivalents. Most new devices will be to-220 instead of to-126, which shouldnt be a problem unless the device is very densely packed in with other parts. I cant tell if the TO-126 is an all epoxy package or if it has a thermal slug. If it doesnt, be mindful of the metal thermal slug on the to-220 parts.
Also are you sure all of those are fried? Being you, I would test them in advance
Mod edit: remove commercial link. - JohnInTX

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_Bose

Joined Dec 28, 2019
Hi..
I have an EX-800 and couldn't get any sounds from it. I tried to fix it but found that most of the components used are either expensive or out of production. I'm looking for an equivalent replacement of these components from a suitable source in order to fix it.
you should try to narrow down the actual issue you’re having before buying a bunch of components and just replacing stuff willy-nilly. I understand you’re a novice at repair, but spray-and-pray isn’t how you get out of the novice stage.

As for finding replacement transistors, it depends a lot on application. Sometimes literally any same-type transistor will do, other times you have to really dig into the datasheets to get a good match.

Big_Bose

Joined Dec 28, 2019
Hi..
You can replace the 2SB731 with the BD168, BD170, BD190, MJE254, MJE711 or MJE712.But I'll suggest you MJE711 you can get this at cheaper price as compare to others.You can also get these easily at any online sites

Last edited by a moderator: