loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The amount of time spend on the Forum.
What else could we be doing,like solveing
the oil spill.I am sitting here I have a drop of oil
In a container ,It Is holding together.I can shake
It around and It still keeps together.I have
another drop In an other container and It
becomes disolved In the Water when I shake It.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
There is going to be a certain amount of money changing hands when and if someone finds there was a failure in that well blowout preventer.

The dishwashing detergent Joy lathers up pretty good in salt water. Buy stock in the company that makes it.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
That's kind of what they are trying to do in one of their approaches to it. Last I heard they were asking for approval to ingect dispersant (I think it's something like detergent) into the oil right down by the sea bed. Hopefully that would make it mix with the sea water and not end up all over the surface and coast.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
This type of containment is done often. The problem is the 6-8 foot seas. If it were mild or calm, they could have 'lassoed' it earlier and continually pumped it into tankers.

The calvary couldnt get there because of the rough seas. And the booms and other equipment are failing because of the rough seas.

Water and oil dont mix. Oil is lighter than water. Also, loosewire, crude is a different animal than cooking oil.

The original "burns" were a good idea, but the seas and winds hampered them. Now it is far too big to set afire.

admin

Joined May 5, 2010
i think this well has all differnt kinds of oil, some oil must be heavier because its underwater, i always think that i should be helping in a disaster like this , the red cross sends you to places to help dont they?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Yes, with human tragedy. I dont think this is considered a 'human' tragedy yet.

If you want to help, NPR had an interview with the pres. of BP, and he said they are hiring all who want a job, all over the east and southern coasts. They need people to hang out on the beaches all day and report if any globs of oil show up.

They need people to help clean sea-birds, make oil absorbers (hair or hay in pantyhose), and all kinds of other stuff. They need 3 shifts for all the tasks.

Get to work.