No homeless just need money for rc car parts

Ham21

Joined Apr 2, 2024
Thank you for stopping to read I hope I don’t or didn’t offend anyone by my little joke. Seriously I have a Traxxas Tmax that has an electric start on it meaning a motor and a wire to ignite the glow plug. Typically it comes with a wand which requires a 7.2 V battery nickel metal battery to power it my wall got damaged and broken and I don’t wanna pay that much money for a new one. I was thinking if I 3-D print me a box to put on the back to hold a 9 V battery to run wires and a push button out of what type of resistor would I need to put in line so that I don’t burn up the motor as well as my glow plug ?

Ham21

Joined Apr 2, 2024
A 9V battery is too weak.
Use a 7.2V nickel metal hydride battery.
My end goal is to add an extra servo so that I can use it on my remote to just push the button and have it started up without me having to be right there with the vehicle that would be a big battery pack to strap to it. Thank you sir.

Ham21

Joined Apr 2, 2024
Is this a serious question, or is it an April 01- type of question?
Is this a serious question, or is it an April 01- type of question?
no sir this is an honest question I will attach some photos of the RC car and components that I’m talking about first photo will be showing the electric motor and the glow plug wire. The second photo is a battery box that I printed to hold a battery to ignite my glow plug during starting it had a pool start on it, and the pool start broke and I put the electric start motor back on it but all of the components that I have is just the electric start motor itself. I don’t want to pay to buy a new wand and all of that accessories from Traxxas to Tinker. I’d rather build it and I’m genuinely asking a question of what battery can I put in the system to a night my glow plug turn the motor over all from a push button start that I can then put a servo over that button and I can use it from my handheld remote to start it without standing next to it

Attachments