Lost Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I recently followed a URL to a site that showed I had $400 not received, not sure where it was from didn’t need to, I just filled in name info, street, and such, Which by the way I had done one 2 years before until they wanted my Social Security Number and I stopped, this time I filled it in hoping it wasn’t going to hurt me.

Got the money in the mail yesterday.

kvt

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I recently followed a URL to a site that showed I had $400 not received, not sure where it was from didn’t need to, I just filled in name info, street, and such, Which by the way I had done one 2 years before until they wanted my Social Security Number and I stopped, this time I filled it in hoping it wasn’t going to hurt me.

Got the money in the mail yesterday.

kvt
Hope it is not a bait for when you go for a 2nd payment, this time for 60,000$

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Have you cashed the check?

Was it a stimulus payment?
Yes, cashed. Not stimulus, got those direct deposit.

Hope it is not a bait for when you go for a 2nd payment, this time for 60,000$
Not that stupid, maybe I might try, if it was the same website I used. I followed a direct QR code on ”Good Morning America” they are going to show it this week and in a give away of some kind contest to win a Million.

kv

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I recently followed a URL to a site that showed I had $400 not received,
If it was a state site for unclaimed property, it'll be legit. Sometimes they give enough of a description for you to determine where the money came from. When you go to those sites, you shouldn't worry about giving them identifying information.

I have one from a mutual fund I had that was part of a life insurance policy that I let lapse. It was worth thousands of dollars when I tried to claim. I tried to put the shares into a joint account and they balked and said I had to claim again and transfer it into an individual account. That was before Covid and I haven't gotten around to doing it again because of the pandemic and the hassle.

My HSA almost got turned over to the state for being inactive. The company managing the funds sent me a notice and I was able to reactivate the account before they turned the funds over to the state.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why states aren't more proactive in returning property to their rightful owners. My name and address information are accurate for one of them (and one that I claimed). They could use their tax return database to match my property and send me a letter.

There are companies that are able to match lost property with their owners, but they want a finder's fee.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Damn.

RESULTS
Your search returned 0 unclaimed properties.
Exact name matches will be shown first, followed by properties with similar names to the one entered.
From my state government website.

Status
Not open for further replies.