Identifying and replacing xenon strobe tube

carbine

Joined Jun 12, 2020
I am currently in the process of restoring/repairing an FRS/MS-2000M distress signal. The only component I still need to replace is a xenon flash/strobe tube. As I am an amateur/tinkerer, I am having difficulty finding this piece, and randomly purchasing components I find to be similar on eBay is both costly and taking a lot of time. Attached is an image of the tube in question:
IMG_20200612_113314.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

carbine

Joined Jun 12, 2020
That's part of the problem I'm running into. I've been chasing around Nikon and Canon flashes, but most places I look I'm only finding part numbers instead of specifications.

carbine

Joined Jun 12, 2020
Through searching here and there, I think I may have found a clue based off of a bad Amazon review. Someone ordering a xenon flash tube for a Nikon SB600 ordered a flash tube off of Amazon, and what the received was the wrong size. They then posted a photo of the original vs what they received, showing me that the original flash tube for a Nikon SB600 is roughly the same size as what I am looking for.

I am now ordering a flash tube replacement for a Nikon SB600. Hopefully this works out. Thanks for the help!