Help needed identifying and replacing capacitor

Frakk

Joined Jul 6, 2009
I have an LCD monitor that just went out a week ago. More precisely the inverter of the cold cathode back lighting. I took it apart to inspect the parts, and sure enough I found a capacitor that blew. One of the solder joints of it cracked all around, and the cap has a hump on the same side.
See attached image.

Now I am trying to identify the cap, at least the capacitance, and max voltage to get a replacement. It is a R75 MKP series capacitor and the only datasheet I found was the Arcotronics R75 found here:
http://www.pucko-elektronik.com/download/afolia/r75.pdf

The markings on my capacitor don't match the datasheet and I'm a bit puzzled. I can read on it:
A/ R75 MKP
.22 160
TD 05MWK07

Is this .22uF or .22pF? Also the 160 is the max voltage?
The pitch on the capacitor is 10mm

Can anyone tell me what should I replace this with? Value, Voltage rating and what else to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Arcotronics is now a part of Kemet.

The datasheet you're looking at is several years older than the manufacturing date; likely they changed part coding methods between 2000 and 2005/2007.

It's a metalized poly film capacitor, 0.22uF, 160v, made in the 7th manufacturing week of 2005, or the 5th manufacturing week of 2007...

Just about any metal poly film cap with the same voltage & capacitance rating should work OK.

Frakk

Joined Jul 6, 2009
Thank you very much! Very helpful as always! I will try to source the cap locally or wait for an order to build up from Digikey. I hope replacing the cap will solve the backlight problem.

Thanks again!