Identify a component in a fume collector

James Edsall

Joined Mar 22, 2018
Can anyone Identify this product for me. I have an electrical short in a fume collector on a laser. The MFG wants me to replace the entire unit and suspect this is the real problem. It reads a dead short. You can see a diagram with capacitors on the top of the unit. I'm hoping someone recognizes it so i could find a replacement part.fume_collector.JPG

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yes I found that when I searched but was unable to find a meaningful translation.
Google translate showed that the poster was asking the same question you are:
"It is an electronic equipment part that is built in German dust collection and deodorization equipment, but I do not know what kind of parts it is.
Similar parts or parts of the same standard should be obtained in Japan, but we do not know manufacturer name / part name / function on us.
If someone knows from the photographs, I would like to receive an instruction."

It appears to be a filter of some sort. Showing a short is not a surprise if you're looking at the inductor resistance on a high ohms scale. It shouldn't be zero ohms, but could be in the low ohms.

James Edsall

Joined Mar 22, 2018
Google translate showed that the poster was asking the same question you are:
"It is an electronic equipment part that is built in German dust collection and deodorization equipment, but I do not know what kind of parts it is.
Similar parts or parts of the same standard should be obtained in Japan, but we do not know manufacturer name / part name / function on us.
If someone knows from the photographs, I would like to receive an instruction."

It appears to be a filter of some sort. Showing a short is not a surprise if you're looking at the inductor resistance on a high ohms scale. It shouldn't be zero ohms, but could be in the low ohms.
correct, It is a fume collector of a 1 joule laser for cutting Polycrystaline diamond (PCD) I'm hoping someone can interpret the diagram and at least tell me the function so I can look down the correct path.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
From what I can make out, it looks like a mains suppressor or power supply filter. And maybe some component values.....but my eyes are bad. My neck is sore too.