ICON MC1648DLS ZC0549 Treadmill Motor Control Board Resistor Identification

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If the motor rotates at the correct speed when it is running OK, usually you can discount the Mosfet.
These also have a H.V. DC ramp up and down via a SCR.
So when start and stop, the this ramp should be measurable.
The only other load on the Mosfet is the D13 BEMF diode.
Max.

Tallen1750

Joined Nov 12, 2020
I’ll test the rectifier output and see if I can measure the ramp. How much voltage delta are we talking about? Is the ramp 2 volts or 20? Should I measure directly on the rectifier or somewhere downstream on the board?

is there any special testing for the bemf diode or does it test like any other?

Tallen1750

Joined Nov 12, 2020
The upper control console has the speed adjustments and sends the pulse modulation single to the motor controller. Could anything be wrong with that signal that is the route of my problem. It’s a square wave I believe and I don’t believe my meter will measure that. Just wondering if the signal could be dirty or erratic causing downstream issues being both boards have burnt out with same problems.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Generally a meter test of the diode should do it.
The SCR voltage ramps up to full DC, typically 100vdc plus.
I doubt the PWM control in is causing it, the micro is fussy about the signal.
Max.

Tallen1750

Joined Nov 12, 2020
I’ll test both this evening and report back. Thanks.

One more point I forgot to mention earlier. Both boards and both motors exhibited subtle isolation while running. Noticeable at all speeds but most prevalent at low speeds. I watched the voltage supplied to the motor with a meter while running and the oscillations coincide with voltage fluctuations of a few volts back and forth.

testure

Joined Jan 7, 2021
It's completely burnt out and unidentifiable. Does anyone know what this is? I want to try and purchase one and solder it in
I'm a bit late to the party here, but I have one of these boards sitting on my bench right now for other reasons and found this thread looking for a pinout diagram (which apparently does not exist out in the wild)- this R36 resistor reads 11ohms on my multimeter, but the bands are (to my aged eyes) brown, black, black, gold which would put it at 10ohms (which it probably is, once you consider additional resistance from the multimeter leads, etc).

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There are many versions of the MC2100 board, all have slight differences and resistor values etc, some circuits, although performing the same function, are slightly different.
On one MC210 REV B R36 is Red.Red,Blk , 22Ω
What is the part No./Ver of your board?
Max.

jatinah

Joined Jul 26, 2010
The resistor is 10-ohm, the repeated shorting FET is a bad motor. That resistor ties frame
ground to user(cold) ground ;o) Miswiring is the only suspect I see for frying that resistor,
but I've seen commutator fingers lift in these as well as carbon dust accumulate and arc-over
to case(frame) and rip the FET instantly. Good Luck.

Gildoc

Joined Feb 11, 2023
Have a MC1648DLS ZC0549 Treadmill Motor Control Board with what appears to be a resistor located immediately adjacent to the earth ground blade at R36. It's completely burnt out and unidentifiable. Does anyone know what this is? I want to try and purchase one and solder it in. Thank you.

View attachment 222115
Any luck on solving your issues with the board? I am having the same problem.

Gildoc

Joined Feb 11, 2023
D2 on that board appears to be the same as the D13 on the MC2100. if so, those do not go across the Mosfet but across the motor. ;)
Max.
Max do you think that replacing the D2 will solve the issue or replacing the mosfet? This forum ends without the OP saying if the problem have been resolved. Thanks

Alex2435

Joined Mar 30, 2023
Hello, I have the very same board and my Q1 MOSFET blew. Id like to replace it if possible to get my treadmill back up and running. The information printed on the MOSFET isn't getting me anywhere. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement MOSFET or a part number of a place that carries it?

Thanks so much

Attachments

ACusa

Joined Mar 31, 2023
I hope this is just continuing the thread. I have a question for guidance on next steps.

Item: ICON MC1648DLS Rev. 5, off a Nordic track 1750 treadmill

Issues 1: was sending 160VDC out of the board

• motor would bump on start up of the treadmill
  • motor runs on 18VDC battery from a rigid tool, smooth as butter, both directions
  • changed Q5 from IRFP250M to IRFP250MPBF-ND

Outcome: board is putting out 111VDC constant

• no motor attached to the board
  • eventually the machine tripped the ground fault in the 110VAC circuit

I have no issue changing the other parts along the heat sink, but would like to learn as I go. And I am touching base with this forum to expedite any learning.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Not sure if that board is close to the MC2100's ? But in those versions there is a SCR used to ramp up the DC slowly. If fitted, this could be the source of the problem.

ACusa

Joined Mar 31, 2023
OK. If you recall what SCR the MC2100 used, I can look around this board for a similar size? If its on the heat sink, I should just change the other items then. Also, when I placed IRFP250MPBF-ND I used a thermal paste, not the pad that was on the original.