IC IR2110

Kava Canada

Joined Aug 20, 2023
kindly to all my friends here anyone know what the symptoms of high and low side driver IC [ IR2110] are bad in the rectifier unit

Kava Canada

Joined Aug 20, 2023
Are you talking about a synchronous rectifier circuit?
yes
I received a rectifier there are two fuses blown one in the primary and the other in the secondary also the transistor mosfet IRFP460. I changed the blown parts and I removed the dirties and dust from the unit. when I replugged it in the power the unit burned again ( unfortunately I forgot to connect the series lamp) but I tested the input resistor it was 189 K ohm and the output was 2.9 K ohm.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Post a circuit, this makes no sense. If there is a 189K resistor in series with the input, it is not burning anything.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
In addition to the previous comments, it is a poor choice to simply replace a component that was damaged by excessive current if the cause of that excessive current has not been corrected. Possibly an expensive lesson was learned, but probably not.
An engineer would not make such an error. But a service person might.

Very few of the participants here are gifted with being able to discern what somebody else is seeing without being there.
That means that we need a much more detailed description of what the assembly that has the problem actually is, and what the complaint of failure is.
AND a rectifier does not include a transistor and fuses, so there must be a more detailed and accurate description of what the thing really is and what it is supposed to do.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
INDEED!
The basis of repairing systems is to know what the cause of the failure is.
Understanding things is a basic part of engineering, both design engineering and service engineering. ALL of the actual engineers, and most of the Techs, that I have worked with over my careers have striven to understand to understand how whatever they were working with.