I will be away for a while

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
By the way how much real exercise do you get in 9hrs, 30min?

Maybe your fingers are a little bit smaller and twice as strong, gaining another 15 words per min;)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Unfortunately, my fingers are probably the strongest part of my body :p I exercise them for hours and hours ever day on the keyboard. I generally average about 90 words per minute.

I recently took an 8 mile walk around Boston, going to the Bay area, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, etc. I was only out about 4 hours in total, maybe only 3. If I did nothing but walk for 9 hours and 30 minutes, I could walk 60-70 miles, perhaps more. The problem is I rarely have the motivation :p

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
So, I've been a member since 2010 and at least my post's are seen and not in a Mode Que..

But, they still haven't allowed me to have PM privileges? When I first came on in 2010, first thing I did was PM, AG. The privilege was granted then but, I guess never having posted anything for 2 yrs, maybe had something to with it? Go figure.

I'm probably 90 words a min, with 60 words back spaced error correction:p

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
So, I've been a member since 2010 and at least my post's are seen and not in a Mode Que..

But, they still haven't allowed me to have PM privileges? When I first came on in 2010, first thing I did was PM, AG. The privilege was granted then but, I guess never having posted anything for 2 yrs, maybe had something to with it? Go figure.

I'm probably 90 words a min, with 60 words back spaced error correction:p
You have only posted in the off-topic section, which does not increase your post count. Once you contribute to the other forums and make (I think) either 10 or 25 posts, you'll be allowed to PM other members.

Last test I took, I had 87 WPM, 98% accuracy. Obviously this varies widely from day to day. Sometimes I can only type 40 WPM, 60% accuracy :p

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Wow, that's over 6 miles per hour, most people would have to jog to get that speed.
Yeah, I've always walked very quickly. If I ever walk with someone, they usually complain that I'm going too fast. I think it comes down to the fact that I don't like wasting time. I like to get from point A to point B as fast as possible. It's also the same reason I multitask so much, and hence have very poor short-term memory.

Looking back and doing the math, I should have said 50-60 miles, not 60-70. I generally walk about 5-6 mph.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Yeah, I've always walked very quickly. If I ever walk with someone, they usually complain that I'm going too fast. I think it comes down to the fact that I don't like wasting time. I like to get from point A to point B as fast as possible. It's also the same reason I multitask so much, and hence have very poor short-term memory.

Looking back and doing the math, I should have said 50-60 miles, not 60-70. I generally walk about 5-6 mph.
That would explain my white board memory. I'm a fast walker too! I wear out shoes like crazy. I break them just before the arch in my foot, I don't know it happened until I step into a shallow puddle or something.

"On the other hand, what if you could use each keystroke as a unit of measurement let's say 1/2 inch times by how many words in an average post, times the number of posts per day, then per month and per year."

I wonder how many keyboard miles we do a year:rolleyes:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
That would work on this forum, but I tend to type a lot more than just here at AAC. I'm a member on 3+ forums, have a facebook account, 3+ email accounts, etc. I'd do the math, but I just don't think it'd be that accurate :p