Been away for a while

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Not voluntarily.

Tough year so far. How are you doing!

Lost my job, my daughter got married. Ended my marriage. Battled alcohol. Became a Grampy. I went into surgery for a hip replacement, experienced four surgical factors for delusions (triggered by a reaction to the anathesia) and ended in another hospital.

IMHO, this hospital was a nightmare of druggies, boogers and thieves. One day, there were 4-5 fistfights on the floor.

Talked my way out of that and am now recovering at a Nursing Home.

So what's new with you guys?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Not voluntarily.
Lost my job, my daughter got married. Ended my marriage. Battled alcohol. Became a Grampy. I went into surgery for a hip replacement, experienced four surgical factors for delusions (triggered by a reaction to the anathesia) and ended in another hospital.
IMHO, this hospital was a nightmare of druggies, boogers and thieves. One day, there were 4-5 fistfights on the floor.
Yeah, but apart from that, whats New?

Welcome back.
Max.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It sounds like your world was turned upside-down and more. Congratulations on the marriage of your daughter and becoming a Grampy -those are important milestones. Not sure which camp ending your marriage falls in, but most likely it is for the better. Even getting the hip replacement is a good thing, though its sorrowful that you needed it. Congratulations on getting out of the hospital -perhaps the most significant of the recent events -those things are not safe!

I've been wondering why you have been quiet lately. Welcome back! Hope to see you here more often.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Not voluntarily.

So what's new with you guys?
Great to see you're back Dj ... for me at least, what you've just described is too intense for a thorough answer :confused: ... so here's my take:
  • Glad to hear you're better, health-wise, that is
  • Great to learn you've become a grandpa... that's what down here we call "the irresponsible parenthood"
  • And of course, it's wonderful to see you back here.
Hope to see you here more often from now on.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Sounds like you had a heck of an interesting period away. Hopefully with all behind you there will be a more normal period ahead.

Ron

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Just got back from surviving a hurricane about 14 hours ago...hoping I don't see the milestones you have survived.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Welcome back, dj. Not happy to hear that you've been through those bad times but glad you met the challenges and are on the mend!