What has happend since I've been away?

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
Man, someone liked something I had posted some time back and said they missed me and someone else quoted me in another post so I decided to log back in and see what was up since I hadn't been around in a long while and I thought I might even reply. (I heard about the aforementioned via email in case anyone was curious) So I return to find that whomever is in charge of the html and all has fancied the place up some. Looks nice but I don't have time to figure out the new ways to get around in the fancy fashion. Get back to the old forum way we all were used to (unless you're trying to work a deal selling the site to Google or something which would be nice for you but would sort of suck for the rest of us who liked everything the way it was). Anyway, since I can't wander in here after working all day on my day off and find the appropriate areas let me just send a thank you to tjohnson (who brought me back here) and another person today who posted something that made me feel like my time wasn't wasted when I was hanging around regularly back then. I'm still working on the cool stuff and figuring out new ways to apply the old technology because pretty soon that's all we will have to go on if the stock market is any indication. We can string together wires and diodes and transistors and resistors and such from the old school stuff in a pinch and use them with our DC motor generators but the microscopic components nowadays... well, what can we do with those if things get bad or if we just want to experiment with ideas? I've got several bins of old circuit boards from all sorts of components just waiting for practical use if the grid fails! Anyway, I drifted back in and now I drift back out... if I can figure out how to given the new fancy HTML design. If I had a terminal window 'exit' might work.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hey Rolland! Great to hear from you again!!!:):):) I too miss your posts!

Here's a Step-by-step for returning to classic style:

1)Hover over the small circular avatar image near the upper-right corner of the screen (on the orange bar).
2)Select 'User Panel' from the resulting drop-down window.

--On the resulting screen--

3) Scroll down until you see the menu heading: "Settings" (left hand side of screen).
4) Select 'Preferences' (fifth option from top of Settings menu).

---On the resulting screen---

5) Click on the 'down caret' ("∨") near the right end of the 'Style Box'.
6) click on "vB 3.x-Fluid" in the resulting menu -- the text line should now show this selection.
7) scroll down to and click the save changes button...

Following the above procedure you should be back to 'classic style' whenever logged in and on the fora

Best regards and welcome back!!!:)
HP

Last edited:

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
@Rolland B. Heiss: Glad to see you back again. Unfortunately, just when you return, I'm leaving!:(

Indeed, a lot has changed at AAC in the past few months: a new theme for the website, a new Articles section, a lift of the ban on automotive-related questions, and a falling out among the moderators which resulted in one resigning.

Last edited:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
yep thats right, why people throw away cardboard?

Or plastic foils? They could be used many times for many purposes. Same as jars, plastic containers.

Its scary to see the large amounts of rubbish in our city.
Recently I fished out a Rattan box, still fully good. And a small CD rack, repurposed to store some ICs.

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
@Rolland B. Heiss: Glad to see you back again. Unfortunately, just when you return, I'm leaving!:(

Indeed, a lot has changed at AAC in the past few months: a new theme for the website, a new Articles section, a lift of the ban on automotive-related questions, and a falling out among the moderators which resulted in one resigning.
I missed all of the drama apparently... heck, usually I'm the one creating drama of some kind in my semi clueless fashion! Don't take off TJ! Or maybe do like I did and drift back at least once in a great while....

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
yep thats right, why people throw away cardboard?

Or plastic foils? They could be used many times for many purposes. Same as jars, plastic containers.

Its scary to see the large amounts of rubbish in our city.
Recently I fished out a Rattan box, still fully good. And a small CD rack, repurposed to store some ICs.
I'm on page with you takao! :)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Hey Rolland! Great to hear from you again!!!:):):) I too miss your posts!

Here's a Step-by-step for returning to classic style:

1)Hover over the small circular avatar image near the upper-right corner of the screen (on the orange bar).
2)Select 'User Panel' from the resulting drop-down window.

--On the resulting screen--

3) Scroll down until you see the menu heading: "Settings" (left hand side of screen).
4) Select 'Preferences' (fifth option from top of Settings menu).

---On the resulting screen---

5) Click on the 'down caret' ("∨") near the right end of the 'Style Box'.
6) click on "vB 3.x-Fluid" in the resulting menu -- the text line should now show this selection.
7) scroll down to and click the save changes button...

Following the above procedure you should be back to 'classic style' whenever logged in and on the fora

Best regards and welcome back!!!:)
HP
HP that work for me too? New views just awful like commercialized drek! I bothered by stupid menu pics open when pointer touch top orange:mad: Afraid to mess with settings in case break login:(

HP that work for me too?
It should work for any member wishing to switch from the default style to the 'classic' style:)

New views just awful like commercialized drek! I bothered by stupid menu pics open when pointer touch top orange:mad:
I hear ya!:rolleyes: --- Don't be too hard on the media folks though! - After all, if the general public didn't 'suck it down' web developers (et al.) would have no use for it --- Where the tawdry 'race to the bottom' is manifest; there is plenty of blame to go around!:(

Afraid to mess with settings in case break login:(
What can I say? -- Nothing ventured, nothing gained...:cool: Should you ever manage to lock yourself out please let me know such that I might relay it to the appropriate echelon:cool:

Best regards
HP