I WANT TO SIMULATE THE APPLICATION OF IC 4047

pvramasharma

Joined Jan 29, 2023
How to simulate the IC 4047 application to variable frequency driven AC motor and observe the supply frequency, motor speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The best place to start would be with a schematic diagram. Next you would need to find a simulator that was up to the job.

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Welcome pvramasharma to AAC.

To simulate circuitry you'll need to use a simulator program. The one I use is LTSpice. Others here use different simulators. It'll take some learning to figure out how to set up your sim but once you have it right you'll be able to get a lot of the information you need. Just one word of caution, sim's sometimes are inaccurate. And by "sometimes" I mean it's not infrequently inaccurate. Rather - it happens.

[edit]
One request if I may make, please don't type in all caps. Some of us see that as screaming. I mean SCREAMING! We know you're not. Just that it's easier to understand your question when we're not squinting from all the shouting.
[end edit]

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Welcome pvramasharma to AAC.

To simulate circuitry you'll need to use a simulator program. The one I use is LTSpice. Others here use different simulators. It'll take some learning to figure out how to set up your sim but once you have it right you'll be able to get a lot of the information you need. Just one word of caution, sim's sometimes are inaccurate. And by "sometimes" I mean it's not infrequently inaccurate. Rather - it happens.

[edit]
One request if I may make, please don't type in all caps. Some of us see that as screaming. I mean SCREAMING! We know you're not. Just that it's easier to understand your question when we're not squinting from all the shouting.
[end edit]
This is good advice in general, but when it comes to the simulation of motors, LTspice may or may not have what you need for the particular motor that you have. I am aware that some have made attempts at modeling specific types of motors, but I am by no means an expert at making the determination of suitability of those models for your purposes.

Still it would be best if we had a schematic of what you have in mind to see what other parts may be required. It is the case that LTspice has an available model for the CD4047
1675090308704.png
That's part of the battle. It would be most helpful if you could be so kind as to offer a schematic diagram of what you have in mind. Without such a schematic it will be very difficult to help you get to your goal.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
LTspice may or may not have what you need for the particular motor that you have.
I've never had the want to simulate a motor. And at best I'm a basic novice with LTSpice. I've seen other simulators but have never used them. As it is I hardly use Spice.