I want to make a lamp and don’t know how. Please help

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Did you read the link you provided?

"The sculpture consists of three-dimensional bronze electrical circuits connected to light emitting dandelions. It contains real dandelion seeds, that were picked by hand, and glued seed by seed to LED lights. This labour-intensive process is a clear statement against mass production and throwaway culture. "

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Ok I read that to.
But where can I find the electrical circuits? And where can i buy the connector for the led?
That's the easy part, I'm sure. The bronze "wiring" would be the big challenge for me, ignoring the fake dandelion heads which are just plain crazy (but cool looking).

It's hard to know exactly this was done. For safety I would assume the structure is no more than 12V. The little circuit would then be a DC current controller, perhaps with an AC-to-DC converter, for the LED that plugs into it.

I've extracted frames of the video in case someone might recognize this type of thing. It's likely the artist had them custom made.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 3.10.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 3.12.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 3.12.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 3.10.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 3.09.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 3.09.52 PM.png

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The copper for the "wire" frame is here - https://www.mcmaster.com/copper It is wider but is easily cut down to what ever width or shape you want. The LEDs look like a type of COB LED they could be had from many places. Proboaly find both of the items on Ebay much cheaper though.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
@wayneh, good suggestion. Just realized that the cushion that I was sitting on, with small rip, has a synthetic fill. In side by side comparison I like the cotton ball better than the synthetic.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
That green thing is the socket for the LED inserted later. Those stills contain no LEDs.

Then what are those two rectangular things mounted on the thing under the red part? Sure look like COB leds. Guess I'm using the wrong term it is a SMD LED, they are used in multiples to make a COB led array

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Looks like a basic T1-3/4 size white LED with stuff glued to it.
Each board has a resistor and two FFC ZIF connectors.
The LED plugs into a connector that can accept the 0.025" square LED pin.

Way too many parts! and connectors! I would just solder the whole thing together, much cheaper and more reliable.
Just make LED PCB's with a resistor and solder pads for the interconnects.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
'Wish we had a clear close-up view of flat 90 deg. " bend"; might it be a silver soldered joint ? Could construction material be something like Harris Phos / Copper Brazing Alloy,
PN: 21035, .050 X 1/8 " ? To keep 2 intricate intertwined structures electrically isolated is quite a trick.