i want disable protect for power supply with ic AT2005B

tafrihat

Joined Mar 1, 2019
i have read but i didnt understand
my power not working
My power is half a switch and I know its power is low voltaj and the power is turned off and I want to disable the protect.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
If the protection circuit is operating because it has detected a problem then disabling the protection is likely to lead to the release of smoke.
Definitely not advised.

tafrihat

Joined Mar 1, 2019
yes i know
For this reason, I want to disable the protector to find out which voltage is difficult, but you do not know how to hang it.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
no body !!
help me plz
If you can't understand the datasheet, you might want to consider Art History as an alternative avocation. As I read the last page you would normally leave PT (pin 6) floating. When it floats, you might be able to measure the "floating" voltage with a hign impedance probe at about 0.8V. If you GROUND PT(pin 6) to less than 0.62 Volts, that means "under voltage" and the supply will have no output. If you take PT above 1.25 Volts that means you have an external "over voltage circuit and you wan the supply to have no output.

Floating this pin is the "ONLY" way you will get power out.

Why do you think protection will be disabled if you "do something" with this pin?

tafrihat

Joined Mar 1, 2019
Friends said Pin Pin 6
Power is a moment when I turn on and off. Of course, there is a lot of voltages and the protective circuit works. I want to deactivate the protective circuit to see which voltage is wrong and to solve the problem.
Do you think with which PINs this will work?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Friends said Pin Pin 6
Power is a moment when I turn on and off. Of course, there is a lot of voltages and the protective circuit works. I want to deactivate the protective circuit to see which voltage is wrong and to solve the problem.
Look at the logic diagram on page 2 of the datasheet and tell me if you see any way to disable either the OVP (Over Voltage Protection) or the UVP (Under Voltage Protection). One definition of insanity is asking the same question repeatedly, expecting a different answer. I don't see any way of accomplishing what you want to do. If your little friends are so smart, why don't you ask them?

Last edited:

tafrihat

Joined Mar 1, 2019
Look at the logic diagram on page 2 of the datasheet and tell me if you see any way to disable either the OVP (Over Voltage Protection) or the UVP (Under Voltage Protection). One definition of insanity is asking the same question repeatedly, expecting a different answer. I don't see any way of accomplishing what you want to do. If your little friends are so smart, why don't you ask them?
plz help me
i am new memebr here
you are Professor
My job is getting stuck
I'm waiting for your help

Somebody does not know how I can disable the circuit protecting this IC so that the IC does not turn off at low and high voltages and the output voltage is unknown.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
plz help me
i am new memebr here
you are Professor
My job is getting stuck
I'm waiting for your help

Somebody does not know how I can disable the circuit protecting this IC so that the IC does not turn off at low and high voltages and the output voltage is unknown.
I am not a professor, but I know what you want to do and AFAIK(As Far As I Know) it can't be done. The sooner you accept that reality the sooner you will solve your problem. I'm sorry you are stuck, but maybe you should try an alternative approach since the one you want to try appears to be unworkable. I would start by probing each pin on the IC to see if you can understand what is going on and if it makes sense given the logic diagram on page 2 of the datasheet. You can present those results to the group and see if someone has a bright idea. Doing this investigation with an oscilloscope would be the best way.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Friends said Pin Pin 6
You will have to find an alternative way to troubleshoot the problem. This may mean using a different power supply to probe the various consumers and see which is acting up. I can't quite tell what you are trying to do, but it seems you have something connected to the chip that is causing it to shut down. You realize that bypassing protection may just mean you have a new problem—a dead IC?

tafrihat

Joined Mar 1, 2019
I am not a professor, but I know what you want to do and AFAIK(As Far As I Know) it can't be done. The sooner you accept that reality the sooner you will solve your problem. I'm sorry you are stuck, but maybe you should try an alternative approach since the one you want to try appears to be unworkable. I would start by probing each pin on the IC to see if you can understand what is going on and if it makes sense given the logic diagram on page 2 of the datasheet. You can present those results to the group and see if someone has a bright idea. Doing this investigation with an oscilloscope would be the best way.
Most ICs can turn off their protective circuit
Like tl494-wt7502-wt7520-lm339

For example, the lm339 can be turned off by releasing the base 4 of the protective circuit, and many power-ups, which are powered by a high voltage of 3.3 volts to 4 volts, which powers a bright moment and then turns off
Or icwt7502 which can be found by releasing bases 1-2-3 which voltages are high

tafrihat

Joined Mar 1, 2019
Your power supply is faulty and you want to fix it? Or do you just want to disable the protection?

Yes, there is a faulty power supply and I'm sure there is a high output voltage that does not protect the circuit. Power supply is on and off.
So I want to deactivate the guard so that it's clear and the voltage problem is clear which outlet it is.

tafrihat

Joined Mar 1, 2019
You will have to find an alternative way to troubleshoot the problem. This may mean using a different power supply to probe the various consumers and see which is acting up. I can't quite tell what you are trying to do, but it seems you have something connected to the chip that is causing it to shut down. You realize that bypassing protection may just mean you have a new problem—a dead IC?
The dear master is a protective circuit for the power supply requirements, but I'm going to repair this power supply and find out which output voltage the protective circuit works to disable this protection for a moment, so that I know which outputs 3.3 to 5-12 exceed the limit Has been