I read some EE course descriptions

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I was reading course descriptions at a local college and now I’m interested in taking some courses. Talk me out of it... or is it a good idea. The courses in advance solid state and PIC programming in particular sounds interesting. Actually I could probably use a refresher since it’s been 25 years since my electronics training. It’s amazing how much clearer things get over time.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
I think it's an awful idea to work on improving your knowledge base! *heavy sarcasm* Nobody can take away your education.

I started my first graduate course at the local state university tonight - after being in industry for 12 years. Wow - have things changed! 2/3 or more of the students have come from overseas, with no family, and no connections. Wow, these young people are brave! Everyone in the class speaks electronics!

Like the course you're interested in, I am taking Embedded System Design... something I've done for several years already. I'm actually concerned about being somewhat bored, but I am going into it looking to help encourage the younger students, brushing out the cobwebs, rounding off the rough edges, and focusing in on some of the details that are of particular interest to me.

If it interests you; I say go for it.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
They want me in class tomorrow at 5:30 enrolled in Solid State circuits. Most of it will be review and basic but I’m sure it will be fun. Just found out I have a balance on my veteran grant so it won’t cost me a dime.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
They want me in class tomorrow at 5:30 enrolled in Solid State circuits. Most of it will be review and basic but I’m sure it will be fun. Just found out I have a balance on my veteran grant so it won’t cost me a dime.
Great, I used all of my Vietnam-Era (70's) GI bill benefits.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
My gi bill is long gone. We have a state program that I has 48 credit hours left on. I like the new atomic model based on orbitals. It makes more sense.