I Need Your Help....addendum

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I suppose I should have prefaced my experiment solicitation with the following:

How many folks here know how to make an antenna impedance measurement (R+jX)? (This includes any available means, Antenna analyzer, noise bridge, RX bridge, or other means).

If we have a number of folks who can answer in the affirmative, we can proceed with the experiment.

Stay tuned!
Eric
I cut my antenna exactly 33ft either side of a BNC to binding post adapter. Wire is #20awg 19/32 stranded silver-plated Cu with PTFE insulation (Yellow in color, if that makes a difference :D)

Laid out on mowed grass about 1" long, I fed it with my RigExpert AA-600. Resonance is way below 468/66 = 7.09MHz. Distance from the test port on the bridge to the dipole is about 1.5" (no feedline).
Here are the plots for fundamental resonance:

66fswr.gif 66f.gif

Here are the plots for 3rd harmonic:

66x3swr.gif 66x3rjx.gif

Location is (link)

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I cut my antenna exactly 33ft either side of a BNC to binding post adapter. Wire is #20awg 19/32 stranded silver-plated Cu with PTFE insulation (Yellow in color, if that makes a difference :D)

Laid out on mowed grass about 1" long, I fed it with my RigExpert AA-600. Resonance is way below 468/66 = 7.09MHz. Distance from the test port on the bridge to the dipole is about 1.5" (no feedline).
Here are the plots for fundamental resonance:

View attachment 82805 View attachment 82806

Here are the plots for 3rd harmonic:

View attachment 82807 View attachment 82808

Location is (link)
Very cool. Thanks!

Art

Joined Sep 10, 2007
Are we allowed to guess KL7AJ, and will you guarantee confirmation of correct guess?
and are you actually close to the North Pole?