I need help with basic logic circuit

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Can you please help me
You haven't given any indication of what you need help with. You've given a Boolean expression and you've given a logic circuit. But no hint as to what it is you are trying to do.

Also, whatever it is, YOU need to show YOUR best attempt at it so that we can try to guide you from where you are to where you need to get.

farhan_w24

Joined Mar 16, 2018
You haven't given any indication of what you need help with. You've given a Boolean expression and you've given a logic circuit. But no hint as to what it is you are trying to do.

Also, whatever it is, YOU need to show YOUR best attempt at it so that we can try to guide you from where you are to where you need to get.
Can we please start from scratch. I am trying to convert the Boolean expression Q= (A . B. C) + (A. B. C) + (A. B. C) into a logic circuit. However, I don't know how to proceed hopefully, this is more clarified on what I want to do.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
You have an expression that is the sum of three minterms. Are you supposed to implement a circuit using minterms, or should you be considering some simplification?

farhan_w24

Joined Mar 16, 2018
You have an expression that is the sum of three minterms. Are you supposed to implement a circuit using minterms, or should you be considering some simplification?

But if anyone of you were to convert the boolean expression into the logic circuit what would it look like. That's what I want to know because I think my circuit is over complicated

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
We still don't know exactly what you want to do. You said you had only 2-input gates. Do you think your circuit as previously shown is correct, regardless of possible excessive complexity?

Why do you think there should be a simpler version to implement the same logical function? Are you allowed or expected to simplify the logic expression before you convert the expression to a circuit? That is why I asked about implementation as sum of minterms.

What methods do you know how to use to approach simplification of a Boolean expression?

Unless someone happens by who doesn't realize this is a homework problem, no one here is going to just show you a circuit. The idea of doing homework is to learn things.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Can we please start from scratch. I am trying to convert the Boolean expression Q= (A . B. C) + (A. B. C) + (A. B. C) into a logic circuit. However, I don't know how to proceed hopefully, this is more clarified on what I want to do.
So where did the logic circuit that you posted in your first post come from?