I Need Help, How To Find Vab ?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Looking round the loop, what is the total resistance and the total voltage (remember to account for the polarity of the voltages).

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Hi kubeek,
I missed that. I think we should wait for a reply to AlbertHall's question from the TS as AlbertHall's question is a pretty good hint about how to start.

Hi Abdullah,
If you can't answer the two questions I can't think of any other clues without answering your question. We only help with homework we do not answer the question.

Edit. I have just seen that you have worked out the total resistance. Try breaking the loop and see if you can calculate the voltage between the two open ends.

Les.

Abdullah Al-Baldawi

Joined Dec 3, 2018
Hi kubeek,
I missed that. I think we should wait for a reply to AlbertHall's question from the TS as AlbertHall's question is a pretty good hint about how to start.

Hi Abdullah,
If you can't answer the two questions I can't think of any other clues without answering your question. We only help with homework we do not answer the question.

Edit. I have just seen that you have worked out the total resistance. Try breaking the loop and see if you can calculate the voltage between the two open ends.

Les.

The Rt is 50 ohm
and the Vt is 15 V
Is this true ??

The question must be resolved by KVL

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
KVL says that the total sum of all voltages around the loop is equal to zero.
Write out an equation for all voltages knowing that the voltage across a resistor is V = I * R.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
No.
A voltage can only be measured between two points so you can never say 'point A is at 10V' without knowing where the other point is.