I need help creating a simple model in Simetrix

Clocker

Joined Dec 27, 2016
Hi
I have a work related problem with performance of circuit for which I believe a simple simulation could help explain.

I am not a trained Simetrix user but the Simetrix simulation is used widely in my organisation and I normally get co-workers to create the models and do the simulations to assist me when I need it. I have decided to use this problem to give me the incentive to get familiar with the software but I am struggling with understanding how to use the schematic editor. Usually I would get a co-worker to show me the hints but the office is closed all week for the holidays

To get me started, I would appreciate if anyone could edit a model for me and email it to me if I provided them with the circuit in the form of a sketch.

It only contains 2 switches, a voltage source and current sink, three capacitors, an inductor and a power MosFET.

Please message me if you can help (is does NEED to be in Simetrix rather than any other product).

Regards

Steve

Clocker

Joined Dec 27, 2016
I have found a circuit model of the same circuitry so have now created the model. All I need to do now is to work out how to run the simulation

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi
I have a work related problem with performance of circuit for which I believe a simple simulation could help explain.

I am not a trained Simetrix user but the Simetrix simulation is used widely in my organisation and I normally get co-workers to create the models and do the simulations to assist me when I need it. I have decided to use this problem to give me the incentive to get familiar with the software but I am struggling with understanding how to use the schematic editor. Usually I would get a co-worker to show me the hints but the office is closed all week for the holidays

To get me started, I would appreciate if anyone could edit a model for me and email it to me if I provided them with the circuit in the form of a sketch.

It only contains 2 switches, a voltage source and current sink, three capacitors, an inductor and a power MosFET.

Please message me if you can help (is does NEED to be in Simetrix rather than any other product).

Regards

Steve

When I cannot get a coworker to do my work for me, I usually read the online instructions and figure it out.

Clocker

Joined Dec 27, 2016
That is a different product with a different spelling

The package our teams use is simetrix

https://www.simetrix.co.uk/
which has a free limited capability version.

I am working my way through how to get it working for me.
It is just the collaborative support from team members is missing when trying to work on my own in the holidays.
A usability issue that would be fixed with a 60 second chat with co-worker now takes hours on Google & Youtube
Any my home PC is a lot slower !

:-(