I need cheap 3-D printing. Any Ideas?

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Depends what you mean by "cheap". There's Shapeways--I've had stuff done there and I still have money in the bank. Would it have been cheaper if I'd done it at home? Maybe, but I haven't got a 3D printer.

Before you ask, commercial services typically want an STL file. Various CAD programs can produce that.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Anyone know of any sites I can submit drawings and get 3-D printed items for cheap?
No one can answer that question since no one has the faintest idea of what you consider "cheap". Nor do they have the faintest idea what kind of 3-D printing you are wanting done.

I would suggest you do a web search for 3-D printing services and contact some of the places that provide that service and at least determine what kind of service you want and what the typical prices are.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I am trying to make something that is small ( 50 mm by 7 mm ). Already ordered from ShapeWays.
Made out of WHAT? ABS? Resin? Titanium?

What is "cheap"? Is $50 cheap? Is $5 expensive?

Why it is so hard to get an answer to those questions? :rolleyes:

ElectEng

Joined Sep 3, 2019
Made out of WHAT? ABS? Resin? Titanium?

What is "cheap"? Is $50 cheap? Is $5 expensive?

Why it is so hard to get an answer to those questions? :rolleyes:
Made out of any non reflective plastic. I actually meant any 3-D printing in general. When I say inexpensive I mean the cheapest option you know.