I need a new transistor for my micromotor

Disco27

Joined Jun 14, 2021
Hi I have a micromotor marathon strong 209a that has a electrical fault with a transistor I know this because I have used a multimeter to detect this fault. I have very basic knowledge about electrical components And although I have detected the fault I have no idea how to re-order this transistor component I was wondering if anybody could help in finding a replacement transistor I would be very grateful for guidance.
Below is what is written on the transistor. And I will attach a picture
LM1371
GKOU V6
CHN 636

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I have never heard of an LM1371. Why do you need this item when the device in your picture is an LM317T which is a very common adjustable voltage regulator. If it is realy an LM317T that you require this is one possible supplier. (But there will be many others.) If you gave some indication in your profile of your location in the world there may be someone that can suggest a more convenient supplier.

Les.

Disco27

Joined Jun 14, 2021
I have never heard of an LM1371. Why do you need this item when the device in your picture is an LM317T which is a very common adjustable voltage regulator. If it is realy an LM317T that you require this is one possible supplier. (But there will be many others.) If you gave some indication in your profile of your location in the world there may be someone that can suggest a more convenient supplier.

Les.
Thank you so much sorry that was a typo you are right LM31 7T is The right code.i’m in the UK thanks you

Disco27

Joined Jun 14, 2021
I did Think it could be the control speed switch As the problem is that the handpiece runs at full speed even when the control switch is adjusted to half and is intermittent below that running slow and then fast almost pulsing. However the speed Control seems fine as does the foot control which also controls the speed. Even with the foot control the speed is intermittent. I did some googling and I came across a similar problem had occurred on a similar model which pointed to the transistor. Thanks

Disco27

Joined Jun 14, 2021
I did Think it could be the control speed switch As the problem is that the handpiece runs at full speed even when the control switch is adjusted to half and is intermittent below that running slow and then fast almost pulsing. However the speed Control seems fine as does the foot control which also controls the speed. Even with the foot control the speed is intermittent. I did some googling and I came across a similar problem had occurred on a similar model which pointed to the transistor. Thanks
And I did get a voltage reading from every pin on the transistor

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
It is not a transistor, it is a voltage regulator. The point another poster was making is that, if you tested it thinking it was a transistor, the test would have failed even if the part was perfectly good.

Bob

Disco27

Joined Jun 14, 2021
It is not a transistor, it is a voltage regulator. The point another poster was making is that, if you tested it thinking it was a transistor, the test would have failed even if the part was perfectly good.

Bob
Oooo thanks you I will have a look again and do some more digging. Sorry for the lack of Knowledge.