I need a Microcontroller with a sampling rate of 50kHz or faster, to connect multiple sensors for edge computing and stability characterization

see_toby

Joined Apr 25, 2022
I'm working on a project where I have to connect multiple sensors to a microcontroller. We thought about using Arduino mega but the sampling rate (9600Hz) is too slow for what we want to achieve and the machine data we're trying to analyze. We need a Microcontroller with a sampling rate of 50kHz or faster.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

50kHz is not particularly high sampling rate. I would place that as low to medium sampling rate. Many MCUs can sample at 100kHz to 1MHz and some go much higher than this.

Now it depends on what you mean by sample rate. Are we talking about SPI, SCI, I2C device interfaces or ADC sampling rate?

see_toby

Joined Apr 25, 2022
Welcome to AAC!

50kHz is not particularly high sampling rate. I would place that as low to medium sampling rate. Many MCUs can sample at 100kHz to 1MHz and some go much higher than this.

Now it depends on what you mean by sample rate. Are we talking about SPI, SCI, I2C device interfaces or ADC sampling rate?
I mean ADC sampling rate, thanks