Need Help Identifying an 8-bit Microcontroller with RF Transmitter for Drone Project

asjad673

Joined Feb 9, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to electronics, ICs, and PCB design, and I'm currently working on a drone project. I've come across an integrated circuit (IC) that I believe could be perfect for my needs, but I'm having trouble finding detailed information about it.

The IC is an 8-bit microcontroller with a built-in RF transmitter, which I've learned is quite popular in remote controllers and toys. However, my searches for its datasheet or even its real name have come up empty so far. The IC has the following printed names on it: PAN186CV and RF250A.

From what I understand, identifying and sourcing specific ICs is crucial for ensuring the right fit for projects, especially for someone like me who is just starting out and eager to learn more about the components I'm working with.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me identify this IC, point me to its datasheet, or share insights on its functionality and application. Additionally, if you could guide me to the right places or websites where I could source or unlock this IC, that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and assistance. I'm really excited to dive deeper into the world of electronics and make progress on my drone project with your support!

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 7.15.47 PM.jpegimage_67225857.JPG

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I don't think I can help you with the part numbers supplied, though somebody else might be able to do it easily.

In the mean time, have a look at these Microchip offerings:

https://www.microchip.com/en-us/product/MICRF113
https://www.microchip.com/en-us/product/PIC16LF1824T39A

What kind of range are you looking for and how many control channels (please describe) do you need?

This does not sound like a good projects with which to start with electronics - it can get very complicated quickly, not one involving electronics theory.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
A Drone / Quad-Copter is a VERY complex project.
There is NO "SIMPLE" SOLUTION.

My advice is to stick to the wide variety of very reasonably priced commercial offerings
which are designed specifically for the job of controlling a Quad.

Then You can start Your research in to what Software You want to use, I recommend Inav-Software.

Last edited:

asjad673

Joined Feb 9, 2024
A Drone / Quad-Copter is a VERY complex project.
There is NO "SIMPLE" SOLUTION.

My advice is to stick to the wide variety of very reasonably priced commercial offerings
which are designed specifically for the job of controlling a Quad.

Then You can start Your research in to what Software You want to use, I recommend Inav-Software.
Thank you for the replay, for sure i will consider it once my hardware is ready.

asjad673

Joined Feb 9, 2024
I don't think I can help you with the part numbers supplied, though somebody else might be able to do it easily.

In the mean time, have a look at these Microchip offerings:

https://www.microchip.com/en-us/product/MICRF113
https://www.microchip.com/en-us/product/PIC16LF1824T39A

What kind of range are you looking for and how many control channels (please describe) do you need?

This does not sound like a good projects with which to start with electronics - it can get very complicated quickly, not one involving electronics theory.
my plan is to make simple drone remote control where it has basic functionalities, so i think 5 chancel will be enough.
and for the range i only want to cover small area like around 100 meters line of sight.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
There is no such thing as a "simple" Drone-Remote-Control.

Buy a cheap, commercially available "Child's-Toy" type Drone and
find out just how incredibly disappointing they actually are in real-Life.

You might save yourself a lot of Time and Money.

Drones are an expensive Hobby, no matter how You slice it.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
my plan is to make simple drone remote control where it has basic functionalities, so i think 5 chancel will be enough.
and for the range i only want to cover small area like around 100 meters line of sight.
Even if you could source the device in question you'd have a hard time finding a well-documented programming/development environment for it.

I second other's concerns regarding the complexity of such a project for a beginner. Flight hardware aside, you'd be better off using an off-the-shelf Radio Control system for 3-axis control and a commercially available flight controller & ESC. This site has a wealth of info on flight controllers and do's/dont's of using them.