I made Thanksgiving dinner and it did not suck

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
So mom usually makes the Thanksgiving dinner. Last year she did it at my house and I sort of helped out.

But back in January she was a victim in an auto accident. She had been having back issues for years but the accident sort of did her in. She will be 92 in December. All summer she was doing fairly well. Walking all over the place with her walker. Walked around the grocery no issues. But recently she has had a relapse in pain. She was in no condition to prepare dinner. Not even at my house.

I got the bird in. Prepared all of the fixins and picked her up at her place. She showed up in time for a quick consult on gravy prep. But that was the extend of her consult.

I freaked out when I realized I had bought breasts only. I was concerned about the gravy but it turned out pretty well.

I burned the corn in the waterless cooker but a quick zap of more corn fixed that, in the microwave.

No fancy homemade stuffing just stove top and the desert was store bought too.

Other than that things went great!

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
My mom and grandma (RIP) and aunts on both/all sides, all made/make home made stuffing. I've had all of theirs. I would never tell them this, but stovetop is better. And I prefer a ham over turkey if I have to pick just one.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
My mom and grandma (RIP) and aunts on both/all sides, all made/make home made stuffing. I've had all of theirs. I would never tell them this, but stovetop is better. And I prefer a ham over turkey if I have to pick just one.
My mom always made hers too. I wouldn't know which is better because I am not a fan of stuffing in general. So much other good stuff on the table. Why waste the space with bread? ;)

I do know I hated hamburgers as a kid. Later I learned what I hated was my mom's hamburgers. This about sums it up: