I have so many components that I'm not sure what I can do with them.

ConstructionK88

Joined Jul 25, 2018
Hiya fellas! Start by saying that i apologize for all my dumb posts so far! Im a newbie and im still learning. THANK GOD FOR OLD POSTS AND GOOGLE, THEY'VE HELPED ALOT!!. But ive discovered i have sooo many components that im not sure what i can do with them, even research comes up blank. Particularly old crt horizontal deflection transistors(22 so far). Very large MOT/halide lamp capacitors and transformers, LED and fluorescent light drivers ect. What can i really do with all of these? Im specifically interested in power and control circuits but is there anything practical i can use these things for? Mainly the transistors but any suggestions ill take with extreme gratitude.

ConstructionK88

Joined Jul 25, 2018
Id suspect it would still involve a control circuit. Nothing fancy. Certainly nothing requiring the use of raspberry pi or ardurino. Simple controls for simple needs.

ConstructionK88

Joined Jul 25, 2018
@AlbertHall do you have any diagrams for that? Im certain the transformer couldnt handle to much drain so how can i wire it up to multiple loads at once? Also how
can i use the transistors for such a thing?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
What can i really do with all of these? Im specifically interested in power and control circuits but is there anything practical i can use these things for?
Possibilities are only limited by your knowledge and ingenuity. If you still have no use for them, sell them, give them away, or toss them.

ConstructionK88

Joined Jul 25, 2018
Im nit entirely sure anyone would buy what i have i think most of it would be hard to come by but nope. No takers. I know i want to make power supplies though. The rest is up for grabs

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I have a whole bunch of old CMOS gates and TTL chips. So old it's hard to find a data sheet for some of them. On top of that I'm not sure what I'd want to do with them. But they sit in static foam and reside in a velostat bag. Maybe one day I'll find a use for them. Or maybe sell them on e-Bay to someone who knows what to do with them.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
the retail PCB-s can be nowadays be ordered from different companies - it's actually all about how well you can design one - not so much what to put on it

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
This pandemic, which has many homebound people looking at projects they haven’t previously had time for, has resulted in brisk sales for my cleanup efforts. 30 year old stepper motors are a hot commodity, as are LCD panels, and anything Arduino. I can actually walk across my shop in a straight line now. Somebody somewhere is looking for what you got.

ConstructionK88

Joined Jul 25, 2018
Thanks guys. And honestly didnt know there was a market place on here. I mostly have MOT and halide caps. To big for my uses. Handfulls of 3 to 5+ watt resistors. Probably every transistor made. 100+ small dc motors. I only even need a few..backups for my forge fans and rock tumblers. Cant say id sell them. Probably trade for something or give em away. Not in the business for selling something i dont even use and 99% i got for free.

ConstructionK88

Joined Jul 25, 2018
A microwave oven transformer, with a new secondary winding, could provide perhaps 10A at 30V - 40V.
I have absolutely done recently that and im happy with the results. Out of 27vac and rectified to 12vdc at 6.5 amps. The rectified voltage has me scratching my head but hey its exactly what i wanted so im thrilled