I have had a stroke

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Oh, [CENSORED]! You don't need this. Good luck, we hope for a full and speedy recovery. Thank you for posting this; I had wondered what happened to you but am hopeful you will be back before too long.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
You are in our thoughts Wendy. Stay positive and please let us know if there's anything we can do to help with your recovery.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
On the subject of medical problems, I was diagnosed with skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma).

I'm in a high risk category for skin cancer so I wasn't surprised or frightened that I'd been attacked by the "Sunspot Monsters" -IE- those regions that produce solar flares and produce lots of UV. So I've always avoided exposure to sun light and managed to dodge a bullet.

However, basal cell is treatable by removing the offending cells by minor surgery in an office visit. Otherwise, I'm still in pretty good health and an example of how "The Devil Takes Care Of His Own". :D
Gee Glen, I hope everything works out ok. Highly treatable skin cancer that is managed in a single doctors office visit by a procedure similar to removing a mole must have been traumatizing. I am sure all the other members are on my side in saying, stay healthy. I cannot believe how the outpouring of "get well" messages are focusing on Wendy as she deals with a BLEEDING BRAIN instead of focusing on your mole removal surgery. Again, stay healthy.

@Wendy
You've proven to everyone that you are a courageous fighter, keep it up.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
@GopherT Not to quibble, but I had assumed it was the more common ischemic stroke instead of a hemoraghic stroke. Were you assuming the opposite or do we know which Wendy has suffered?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Perhaps Wendy will share details if she desires, in the mean time we can take her writing below to indicate that this is serious.

...so it will be awhile before I will be able to come back to this thread due to the fact that I am very disabled at this time.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I had no idea what happened to Wendy - I was only pointing out to Glenn that this thread is about Wendy.
Your point was plenty clear, no worries about that! I just noticed your comment about bleeding. My mother died of a hemorrhagic stroke about a year ago, so it's just idle curiosity that I wondered.

It's unfortunate that there are the two kinds of stroke, with the same symptoms that are easy to recognize, but that require exact opposite treatments. Determining which kind "wastes" precious treatment time.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
@Wendy
Sorry to hear about the news.. I wish you the best and hope you get back to your normal self again.. Please keep us updated and if you need anything please don't be afraid to ask..

Jay

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Yes, the title, "I have had a stroke," is definitely one of the more cloudy and ambiguous titles that we've seen around here. :rolleyes:
I understand the message in Wendy's title and her post, however the "cloudy and ambiguous" part is what is the general theme of the thread and what type of comments are to be expected in subsequent posts? o_O

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I understand the message in Wendy's title and her post, however the "cloudy and ambiguous" part is what is the general theme of the thread and what type of comments are to be expected in subsequent posts? o_O
Sorry. Don't buy it.

You said, "Perhaps I assumed Wendy's post was on the general subject of health problems rather than reporting that she had suffered a catastrophic medical event."

How can you then say that you understand the message in Wendy's title and her post when the title of the thread was, "I have had a stroke," and Wendy's post was, "Subject line says it all so it will be awhile before I will be able to come back to this thread due to the fact that I am very disabled at this time."

Does that REALLY sound, in even the slightest possible way, like she might have been making a post "on the general subject of health problems rather than reporting that she had suffered a catastrophic medical event"?

And do you really expect us to buy that the your notion that fact that every single reply prior to yours was very explicitly saying how sorry people were to hear this news and wishing her well and a speedy recovery left it cloudy and ambiguous as to what the general theme of the thread was and what types of comments were to be expected in subsequent posts?

Really?

I'm just hoping that Wendy will chuckle when she is well enough to see this -- I suspect she will.