I have found an Ic in my stabilizer, what is it

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

You must provide us with more information.
What is a "stabilizer"? Make and model number?
What is the application?
Show us zoomed out photo of the unit so that we have an idea of what this is all about.

selva97

Joined Nov 30, 2020
This is V-Guard Deluxe 30 stabilizer,
In PCB board it has a writing of HMC, and in the chip it has CTM 2308A 1004.
It is used for TV.

selva97

Joined Nov 30, 2020
guys this is my project to find working of any device, i have choose stabilizer and one thing i cant understand is this IC, I cant find the number of it oncw i tried the number obove it , there was something else displayed, thats why i have asked for your help. Thanks for the information guys.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
guys this is my project to find working of any device, i have choose stabilizer and one thing i cant understand is this IC, I cant find the number of it oncw i tried the number obove it , there was something else displayed, thats why i have asked for your help. Thanks for the information guys.
The device with a single row of pins and the light brown conformal coating is very likely a custom hybrid device. These are normally manufactured for a single OEM customer. They are invariably proprietary with no publicly available documentation and absolutely no source of supply at any price. You may be able to divine what is inside if you have a method of removing the coating. I think there is a guy in the former Soviet Union with a website on opening up such hybrids and integrated circuits.

Last edited:

selva97

Joined Nov 30, 2020
Guys, one more question,this is an circuit diagram of stabilizer, as seen in circuit diagram, the the output from stabilizer is either buck or boost,which starts working whenever the input voltage is under or over voltage, but whenever the input is of correct voltage range, how the system works.

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
It can't provide both options to buck or boost. When the relay is energized the the output is connected directly to the input. When the relay is not energized the output voltage is increased or reduced (Depending on the phasing of the transformer windings.) by the voltage from the transformer secondary. As your drawing does not show which is the inverting and none inverting input of the op amp it is not possible to work out if it provides buck or boost. I tried to match the pin numbers with the pinout of the LM324 but pin 6 on your schematic is not an output on any of the 4 op amps in the LM324 package..

Les.

mocharhw

Joined Jan 3, 2007
Is the relay and output transformer drawn incorrectly? Either way the relay is energized the 'output hot' wire is always connected back to the input mains hot.