I have designed a lamp around a 4 chip star mounted 12 volt led that is controlled by a 12-24volt input touch controller...

lumanation

Joined Dec 2, 2019
the touch controller does not operate properly when powered by any of my constant current single led drivers that I use with my manual knob dimmers.
so I just connect my little touch sensor to a 12volt wall wart and measure for runaway by using a lumen meter. If left with no limiting cuircutry the led would melt down in a few hours at the high brightness setting ....thru the range the pwm from the touch controller stops runaway but at peak brightness
there is no limit and the led continues to brightness and temp ramp...would the right resistor in line between the led and controller work? I tried 2 diff resistors that was 90ohm and another tiny one that was connected to 5mm led and my light was just barely turning on.

lumanation

Joined Dec 2, 2019
my only other solution was to use a manual dimmer knob connected between the led and the touch controller as a full brightness limiter. The problem with that is the ramp from the touch controller is not smooth and the brightness at the top is comprimised