I am unable to drive two DC motors with same speed using L298n motor driver.

ashish195

Joined Dec 25, 2016
i am using arduino uno and l298n motor driver to drive the dc motors. I have used the 9V transistor battery for my project.
My motors are running but, the problem is that they both are not running at the same speed.
The motor at OUT1 & OUT2 is running quiet faster than at the other terminal. I have also set the ENA & ENB speed same for both motors, then also this have not helped. I tried to change the motor driver that also dosen't helped me.
Then i thought that my motors might have problem so, I interchanged the motors for both terminals. This also dosen't help.
Does any one have solution for my problem.:(:)

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
You cannot rely on DC motors having the same speed without monitoring the RPMs and adjusting the drive to suit.
It may be more viable to use a couple of stepper motors for your project.

ashish195

Joined Dec 25, 2016
You cannot rely on DC motors having the same speed without monitoring the RPMs and adjusting the drive to suit.
It may be more viable to use a couple of stepper motors for your project.
I am making line follower robot so, i can't use stepper motor there

ashish195

Joined Dec 25, 2016
I have gone through this tutorial already.
Bro when i use 12v &1.5A DC supply then the speed is un noticeable but, when that 9V transistor battery is used the problem persist.
I have also tried to make the difference in the difference in the speed
e.g. the speed of the ENA is 150 & ENB is 200 then also the ENB is unable to rotate motor2 properly but, the motor at ENA is rotating properly

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I am making line follower robot so, i can't use stepper motor there
Yes you can. There is no reason you cannot. It just requires a bit more circuitry and a micro to generate the steps. If you want accuratly defined motor movement, steppers are the easiest way to go.
http://chickbot.club/the-vault/arduino-stepper-line-follower/

Have a look at this excellent post for self balancing robot, and it would be pretty easy to make it a line follower too.
http://www.brokking.net/yabr_main.html

ashish195

Joined Dec 25, 2016

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Use at least AA cells to make up your 9V. Rechargeable cells (with a proper charger to protect the battery and prevent fires) are good for this.
A 9V battery does not have the capacity you need.

ashish195

Joined Dec 25, 2016
HEY I HAVE GOT IT DONE!!
I have replaced my DC geared motor, first i was using 60rpm motors that was unable drive on the L298n motor driver, later i have changed the motor to 100rpm which worked for me. Both the motors were running perfectly on 9V transistor battery.
DENDAD & BR-549 THANKS FOR UR HELP AND UR GUIDANCE :)