I am currently having a project that I need to build a frequency converter.

MikeeT

Joined Feb 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

First time poster here so I'm a little apprehensive... (Some forums like to dogpile newbies that ask dumb questions...)

I've done a bunch of Google searches and site searches here for a particular circuit and haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm not an engineer but can muddle my way through hacking circuits to make them do different things but this one has me a bit stumped.

I've looked through MC1496 datasheets and sample schematics and have found an audio frequency doubler, but not quite what I need.

Background: Most metal detectors have single audio output beeps that aren't adjustable in frequency. This makes it hard for people to use them when they have loss in hearing in a specific frequency range.

I'm looking for a circuit mixer that is small and adjustable. The idea is to bring in the headphone level audio signals and mix them with an adjustable frequency and have the output be higher in frequency and adjustable. As an example, take a 700Hz audio signal and adjust it to somewhere between 1000 and 4000Hz. Nothing has to be exact and the audio quality isn't high-fi as most outputs are some sort of square wave.

The circuit would have an audio input, audio output, frequency adjust knob, and that's pretty much it. I can figure out matching input levels/impedance and output amplification to drive headphones... I'm just having troubles finding a mixing circuit diagram where it's not just a fixed doubler.

Maybe I'm thinking about this too hard?

Thanks,

RJ
Hi, my name is Mikee. I am currently having a project that I need to build a frequency converter like yours, which actually change the frequency of the audio input into another audio frequency output. May I have the details that might be helpful for me to build this devices? Thank You in advance.

MK

Moderator's Note:
Please don't hijack other member's thread, now you have your own.
This thread was split from --
Adjustable audio frequency converter
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/adjustable-audio-frequency-converter.47173/#post-1099631

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You might like to look into the Amazing Slow Downer software. It slows down music so you can practice while following along, but simultaneously maintains the original pitch. That means it is moving a low frequency (from the slowed input) up to a higher frequency. Maybe you don't need hardware.