Human nature & animal nature: domination

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I definitely speak from personal experience, but thankfully the negative examples were other people's kids. Mine were a challenge, but the early hard work pays off later.
Mine are definitely not a challenge... I've been blessed in far too many things in life for me to complain. My son, for instance, is graduating from highschool this summer and he's been granted a scholarship by Mexico's most prestigious university, he's going to study Nanotechnology and Chemical Sciences Engineering.
On the other hand... I was a challenge for my parents... :D... (not an extreme one, though) and every time my mom sees me with my kids, she gives me the look, and then tells me that life is definitely not fair. That's when I tell her that I've always known that... but isn't it wonderful when life is not fair in your favor? :D;)

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I do hope you've gotten over that.
Yes for the most part. Now I just use my powers for good. Namely baiting trolls online and undermining bad bosses at work and making small positive personality adjustments to my wife. ;)

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Mine are definitely not a challenge... I've been blessed in far too many things in life for me to complain. My son, for instance, is graduating from highschool this summer and he's been granted a scholarship by Mexico's most prestigious university, he's going to study Nanotechnology and Chemical Sciences Engineering.
On the other hand... I was a challenge for my parents... :D... (not an extreme one, though) and every time my mom sees me with my kids, she gives me the look, and then tells me that life is definitely not fair. That's when I tell her that I've always known that... but isn't it wonderful when life is not fair in your favor? :D;)
My wife and I both were raised in old school discipline so naturally we used those methods with our kids. They all somehow managed to become adults without criminal records and not someone only a mother could love, on payday but the little one is an experiment in progress. Love your children but don't baby them.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Sounds like you turned your brother into this freak, and you still think it's funny.
Well when you were in your teens did you always make the wisest decisions with the knowledge you had?

Personally I can relate to the brother doing the video work especially considering that back in my days my brother would blow up screaming that I was a spazz and retard and even worse while he was the one doing all acting out. I just stood there all calm and civilized and just grinned.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Yep. Never said I wasn't an evil little kid. :D

Actually I looked at it more as payback for being an ass. By todays forum standards and terminology you would have considered him a super troll being all his antics with me were to simply annoy and anger me for whatever reason he could even if it made himself look like a total idiot while doing it.

He might have known how to rub me the wrong way in private but I knew how to make him act out and be the very things he always called me.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
Even though I'm the oldest of four I rarely needed to pull rank. It might have something to do with the dynamic of us four. A boy, girl, girl, boy. And since I was the oldest I was required to be the most mature and responsible. Well at least when we were kids there is;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I had two sisters, and I was the one in the middle. The younger sister was a little mouse of a personality and the older occasionally wound me up just for something to do. Thank Dog those years are far behind us!

I chose not to propagate, therefore I have little to say about teaching children. Both lack of experience and lack of talent. :p

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Kids will do odd things, some more than others but they all find something. The tragedy occurs when the parents, siblings or even friends fail to "correct" the faulty behavior as early as possible. If kids aren't fairly well straightened out BEFORE they hit puberty, there's little hope of intervening later.

That was always my philosophy.

No adult, wants/needs to be around totally spoiled, bratty, little Johnnys.

Parents, should be parents, not their kid's friends.

Kids, will find their own friends by themselves, just fine.

Kids need/crave, a firm, robust, protective, Dad figure.
As they grow older, they will thank you for being strong/firm.

Some people, didn't like it when I'd tell them, "You have to train them when they are young, from birth; just who is who".

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
[QUOTE="strantor

Sounds like you turned your brother into this freak, and you still think it's funny.[/QUOTE]

That "Freak", is a good example of nobody beating his ass as a child.
He's much too old to train, nowadays.
I would have punched my kid in the face for acting that way, especially against their own Mother.

But, they all turned out great.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If the thing that set people apart from animals was self control, there would be no difference.
The critical point of human population and the earths estimated final sustainability figure of such is rapidly approaching.
I can predict a lot of self control is going to be evident when that happens?:rolleyes:
Max.

Last edited:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The critical point of human population and the earths estimated sustainability figure of such is rapidly approaching.
I can predict a lot of self control is going to be evident when that happens?:rolleyes:
Max.
When there is an interruption in the US food supply chain that lasts as little as 48 hours, there will be a foretaste (pun intended) of the real level of self control in the general populace.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
When there is an interruption in the US food supply chain that lasts as little as 48 hours, there will be a foretaste (pun intended) of the real level of self control in the general populace.

According to some of my trucking buddies, the U.S. populace would go insane.

If they ever go on a wide strike, the grocery stores only have a three day supply of food, and that's if not everyone panics at the same time.

So insanity will definitely kick in, as soon as the unprepared throngs, start starving.