HP-P3017F3 LF Schematics

H4t3

Joined May 28, 2021
Well Hello! I'm sure you've gathered by this post that I'm the new guy! I currently work as an Industrial Maintenance Technician were I work on Hydraulic Issues. I'm wanting to expand my knowledge to be able to repair more items that I work with. Yesterday I was told about a PC that wouldn't turn on. After removing the previously stated power supply and installing a spare that I found the PC works. So now I have to do what a Tech does best and figure out the why right? I came in to work early to tear down the power supply and learn a little. I have found at the least 5 capacitors that are domed. From research that I have done these are "bad" and should be replaced.

I'm not really looking for someone to explain the why or the how but I would like to know if anyone can lead me to a diagram or schematic that would help me find out what these capacitors are so I can get them ordered. Patience IS something that I'm learning and I'm afraid that if I don't have a sheet of paper to tell me what cap goes were I may end up creating a fireball. I appreciate any all help that I may receive. Thanks in advance!

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
I have found at the least 5 capacitors that are domed. From research that I have done these are "bad" and should be replaced.
Hello there welcome to AAC! :) It'd be my pleasure! to help you sir.
Call it, a professional courtesy. Maintenance Technician: One who fixes things that machine operator's break!
I am an Electronic Technician: One who fixes mistakes that electrical engineers make!:pElectrolyte c Capacitor.jpg
capacitor-aluminium-electrolytic-1243-with-annotations.jpg
surface mount capacitor.jpg
capacitor chart.png

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
you said quote" I'm not really looking for someone to explain the why or the how but I would like to know if anyone can lead me to a diagram or schematic that would help me find out what these capacitors are so I can get them ordered."(end quote) A diagram or schematic would not assist you unless there's a ( B.O.M) Bill Of Materials associated with it!
Digikey, Mauser, Newark element 14 should all carry your particular capacitors!
For safety purposes you must know!
A charged capacitor can be very dangerous, so it’s important that you avoid coming into contact with the terminals at all times. Never touch the capacitor anywhere but on the sides of its body.If you touch the two posts, or accidentally connect them with a tool, you could get badly shocked or burned.It is good safety engineering practice to discharge the capacitors.Always consider them fully charged.
If the working direct current voltage (WDCV) is less than 35 volt you can use the insulated screwdriver and short positive and negative terminals or leads. Get a 20,000 ohm 5 Watt resistor for greater (WCD )voltages.
Replacing a capacitor is sometimes referred to as "recapping a circuit board," and it's important to match the new capacitor up to the old one.
capacitor must be equal to or greater than the original voltage rating. If you have any questions please ask!

Last edited: