How's the weather?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
We've been in a severe drought. While it's good that we're getting all this rain and snow - damned! I'm tired of below average temperatures, cloudy days and precipitation. It's snowing right now! Average DTH = 60˚F. Forecast DTH is 44˚F. And that's been a warmup over the last few days.

How's the weather? Depressing as all hell!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
We've been in a severe drought. While it's good that we're getting all this rain and snow - damned! I'm tired of below average temperatures, cloudy days and precipitation. It's snowing right now! Average DTH = 60˚F. Forecast DTH is 44˚F. And that's been a warmup over the last few days.

How's the weather? Depressing as all hell!
I'll take depressing, over exciting, any-day.

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Yeah, we're having flooding issues too. Historic snowfall, rapid warming, snow melt - it can all come down too fast. Fortunately we have a cold front coming through with threatening historic overnight lows. More freezing. 2022/23 winter that will never end.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Here in Arizona we've had a turbulent three or four months but this week it began to normalize. The number of rainy days since the start of Dec has been much higher, we normally get two or three at most rain days but we've had three or four times that this year and the quantity of rain has been rather high. Much of this originated in California, they've had it much worse.

The past three days though it was "normal" like high 90s, calm cloudless skies, 15% humidity and even my pool reached 76F enough for me to get in and relax at the end of the day.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
even my pool reached 76F enough for me to get in and relax at the end of the day.
Shut up! Today it's supposed to get up to 49˚F with an overnight low of 32˚. That's at the big city. I'm a little north of that. So it's even cooler. But at least for the past few days we've had low to mid 70's.

Today it rained. Then snowed. Then dried up. Have no idea what's next. Later this week we're supposed to be in the upper 70's which means all that snow will be melting and coming down fast and floodious. (contraction of flood and furious)

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Shut up! Today it's supposed to get up to 49˚F with an overnight low of 32˚. That's at the big city. I'm a little north of that. So it's even cooler. But at least for the past few days we've had low to mid 70's.

Today it rained. Then snowed. Then dried up. Have no idea what's next. Later this week we're supposed to be in the upper 70's which means all that snow will be melting and coming down fast and floodious. (contraction of flood and furious)
Yes, that a lot cooler but spare a though for me come July/Aug (if not June) when the temps might once again exceed 115F daily for weeks on end. The super hot periods out here used to be a few days here and there during the summer but past couple years we've seen day after day after day for weeks on end, with > 115F - it gets old very fast!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Yes, that a lot cooler but spare a though for me come July/Aug (if not June) when the temps might once again exceed 115F daily for weeks on end. The super hot periods out here used to be a few days here and there during the summer but past couple years we've seen day after day after day for weeks on end, with > 115F - it gets old very fast!
1681426307305.png

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
The super hot periods out here used to be a few days here and there during the summer but past couple years we've seen day after day after day for weeks on end, with > 115F - it gets old very fast!
Been like that here as well. Average is just a few days 100+˚ but the last few years we've been setting records where we've seen that for 22 days in a row. But that doesn't mean we get 22 days of 100˚ heat, that running record may be interrupted by a few 98 or 99 degree days then back into the hundreds. And yes, it DOES get old fast.

What have we done to our planet?

We had a total of 1/4 inch of snow here this winter and are now seeing the recent pattern of having no spring...winter straight to summer.

Every storm that came by this winter Philadelphia was right below and to the east of the snow line.