Closure of "How's The Weather?" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
ScottWang said:
This thread was locked and waiting for the fire off.
As I understand the Mod's post (quoted above) said thread is temporally locked pending 'cooling of the coffee' as it were? --- That being the case, I'm bound to point up the fact that the minor exchange seen there (which, FWIW, looked to be winding down) was as nothing by comparison with 'business as usual' on the 'political threads' - which, IMNSHO being the veritable 'nexus' of the increasingly hostile environment of OT and, albeit to a lesser extent, the fora in general:(

With genuine concern
HP

Joined Nov 30, 2010
As the Originator of that Thread, I have no objection and no fear.:)
It seems joeyd was very persistent in his need for attention last night. I repeatedly told him to, "go away" but he only responded with more posts. Kind of like trying to shake an ex-lover, but I swear I never had sex with him.:D

Eventually ScottWang intervened without my request.
Joeyd is probably sober today.
It will all resolve.

As my mother liked to repeat, "The Lord said it came to pass...and it will."

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I found the posts in that thread rather interesting.
You've been in it from the start. I get to remember experiencing weather down wind of a small mountain range because of you.
And the static electricity annoyance of the American southwest. And some of the social flavor of Mexico.

joeyd was mentioned in the first post, but he only represents the other side of Florida. I already live in Florida.
"Miami is 4 degrees hotter and the skies are the same.":rolleyes:

Tell me about the cars buried under snow in Cleveland!:)
Tell me about mudslides along Pacific Coast Highway!:)
Tell me how the volcanoes in Iceland are acting!:)
(That doesn't look right, but my spell chequer says that's how you spell the plural of, "volcano".)o_O

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Tell me about the cars buried under snow in Cleveland!:)
Tell me about mudslides along Pacific Coast Highway!:)
Tell me how the volcanoes in Iceland are acting!:)
The flood-way gates were just raised here to Dam the Red River and hold back all that melting snow coming from the US side!.
The flood gates divert the water around the city in a floodway channel.
The construction in 1968 was the second largest earth-moving project in the world – next only to the construction of the Panama Canal.
Supposedly can be seen from outer space!
Max.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
ok, well the rain of the Pacific NW is back in its glory. This winter has been the first real winter I have seen since moving to Canada almost 20 years ago. There was snow on the ground Dec- Feb and it was great. The locals hated it. Now I have to get used to rain again. Also, because of so much snow, it is the first time in ages that I see dusty roads in out town. And with rain thee rainbows are back :)IMG_4817.JPG

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Boy are you an optimist.
It's the junction of two belief systems.
First, I'm kinda Zen.
Second, the Internet is entirely imaginary.
I have believed from the start that one of the necessary conditions of being on the Internet is that if I unplugged my computer at any time, it wouldn't make any real difference anywhere in the world.

Lock my Thread?
Meh. It's just a toy. I've lost things I actually care about.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

I have believed from the start that one of the necessary conditions of being on the Internet is that if I unplugged my computer at any time, it wouldn't make any real difference anywhere in the world.
We would miss you. That is if your aren't imaginary. Are you? ;)

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
First, I'm kinda Zen.

Lock my Thread?
Meh. It's just a toy. I've lost things I actually care about.
That thread was getting old anyhow. All the cool kids have moved on to this one.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
That being the case, I'm bound to point up the fact that the minor exchange seen there (which, FWIW, looked to be winding down) was as nothing by comparison with 'business as usual' on the 'political threads' - which, IMNSHO being the veritable 'nexus' of the increasingly hostile environment of OT and, albeit to a lesser extent, the fora in general:(
It's why most good forums keep the political stuff under pretty tight lids. With politics it doesn't take long for a few members to show that when it comes to their online personas and lives they have no shame, dignity or care over how stupid they make themselves look or how much of their peer groups respect for them they loose once they find out that they can act like childish low wit trolls anywhere anytime to anyone who doesn't see the world from their simple closed minded points of view or that proves them to not be as well informed or intelligent as they think they are on any topic. :(

I see is as being like the school playground where you get those few ignorant mouthy kids who make bold claims about having some knowledge or skills that are superior to everyone else yet when called to prove it not only don't play to their claimed level they get beat down and slapped around so foolishly bad it's embarrassing to anyone with any shred of self respect and real abilities to watch. :oops:

But unfortunately here on the forum unlike on the playground where such kids eventually make such asses of themselves or just bloody themself up so bad in their own failures they have to accept they are in fact crap at their game or their actions get them dragged out behind the bushes and beat by those who can play the games with skill until they do shut up or leave the playground, the powers that be here do nothing about but let it escalate until it spills over into other threads and sections as is happening now ruining everything for everyone on all topics. :mad:

Personally given the nonsense that a few fools over in that thread continue to play themself up at I have to suspect that it's now allowed, and being allowed to expand into elsewhere, because it's seen as a 'click bait' type revenue generator for the site ownership. More taunting and idiocy posts mean more counter attack posts and more clicks which means more money from those who advertise here.

Sure it will ultimately ruin the forum for everyone who is not a idiot or troll (ETO, the AAC sister forum, plus countless other once respectable high traffic forums, have shown how that worked and are still suffering the long term low traffic fallout effects for it) but hey, those who own the site can make some easy 'click bait advertising cash' until it does! :rolleyes:

All things said, given what I have seen go on in that thread and what has spread from it now if I was in control of moderation here I would have kicked 3 -4 people out permanently for their continued childish idiocy (one final prove your points, get out or you will be thrown out warning to each then tossed out hard if they didn't step up or shut up) and probably given myself and 2 - 3 others week to month long bannings for lacking the maturity and reservation of decency to to not provoke them to rise to even higher levels of trollish behavior when we know full well they will never stop on their own. Being trollish idiots is what they do best and no one below moderation can or wants to do a damn thing about it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.