How's the weather?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010

No, chain. Direct drive like my previous bikes 1300cc then my old bike 750cc now the 1100cc.

The saddle bags are absent which cover the battery and other electrical. White sidewalls are planned and a little red trim on the rims.

kv

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The Bike 4.png Just got home from Harley Ferrari Night at the local Harley Davidson dealer. Absolutely great evening with temperatures in the mid 70s F. Light rain just now starting to move in and heat lightening but overall a real nice evening. Saw some great classic cars (Kathy my wife wants the 67 GTO) and some sweet bikes. They even had a real good cigar concession. Not sure what is on tap for tomorrow but I plan a nice relaxing Father's Day Weekend.

KV, sweet bike, I am slowly getting a 92 Electroglide to where I want it. The back light bars are gone now and the tour package (Trunk) should be on this weekend. Also the previous owners initials are off the tank. The bike has 5600 original miles which is nice for a 25 year old bike.

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
View attachment 129099 Just got home from Harley Ferrari Night at the local Harley Davidson dealer. Absolutely great evening with temperatures in the mid 70s F. Light rain just now starting to move in and heat lightening but overall a real nice evening. Saw some great classic cars (Kathy my wife wants the 67 GTO) and some sweet bikes. They even had a real good cigar concession. Not sure what is on tap for tomorrow but I plan a nice relaxing Father's Day Weekend.

KV, sweet bike, I am slowly getting a 92 Electroglide to where I want it. The back light bars are gone now and the tour package (Trunk) should be on this weekend. Also the previous owners initials are off the tank. The bike has 5600 original miles which is nice for a 25 year old bike.

Ron
We're into the white sidewalls, just old school. Cool bike. :)
kv

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Kilovolt,

Those are actually white now. :) I get into the retro stuff I guess. Glad I lived long enough to retire and enjoy all the things I like. Have yourself a great weekend and be safe when riding.

Ron

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Nice bike, is that a shadow?
kv
I don't understand your question. That bike is a '46 Harley converted to "pan head" Serial number 46UL3229
Hard tail frame, king&queen seat (I had a wife at that time), with a Springer front end. Easy Rider.:cool:

My theme was black and chrome. I had just finished stripping it to the frame and adding $750 worth of chrome (in 1970 dollars).
An antique Harley chopper is way cool, but in truth, I liked my Honda 750 better.:( Less maintenance and way fast!:)
First thing to do was replace the clutch plates and springs so you could burn the clutch through half of first gear without the (factory original) clutch chattering. My favorite ride was the little foot paths on the tops of the hills east of Orange California. Solitude and peace. Second favorite? Going from Tustin to El Toro on the back roads playing a game of "never let it get below 90 MPH".
Favorite mental photo? Coming around a left turning curve on a 2 lane road at 100 MPH, counter steering to get the bike to lay down flatter into the turn, and an oncoming car pulled over and parked to get out of my way.:D Least favorite mental photo? Going 135 on the 5 freeway at 4 am in the several miles of "straight" south of Orange, and realizing I didn't have the huevos to take it to 150.:( I saw a chunk of 2x4 in the road and realized if I hit one piece of FOD at that speed, they would have to wait for rain to clean up the mess.:eek:

Really awful memory? Listening to a cop tell me he was writing me a false traffic ticket because, "The Sargent said motorcycles are dangerous so we're removing the Drivers Licenses from the bike riders".:mad: Obstructing traffic by going exactly the speed limit? "I have a false speeding ticket from 4 days ago, in the same block, of the same street, at the same time of day, so go ahead and write that ticket so I can beat both of them in court.":p

He refused to finish writing the ticket.:(

Did I "win" by beating that ticket on the side of the road? Or did I "lose" by missing my chance to beat them both?
I don't know. Every time I have been in a Court of Law, I left with a deep appreciation of the phrase, "Contempt of Court".
Any normal judge would adjudicate me guilty on both tickets, so I was probably suffering from a youthful delusion about presenting truth and achieving justice in an American court room.:(

Just to stay relevant to this Weather Thread, I mowed the law near sunset last night and it already looks like I need to put a sharp blade on and do it over.:mad:
Summer is not when Floridians brag about the weather.:(
At least the Heat Index is not getting above 90F today.:)
That's still comfortable for Florida people.;)

Attachments

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
@#12 your an onion, every time I think we have a picture of you, it changes. First at those speeds with a hardtail no wonder your back is whack. Second is I get up to 100 and I feel like this is flying and why am I not in a plane. Lastly you still have the bike? it should be worth some cash if you stopped riding.

kv

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@#12 your an onion, every time I think we have a picture of you, it changes. First at those speeds with a hardtail no wonder your back is whack. Second is I get up to 100 and I feel like this is flying and why am I not in a plane. Lastly you still have the bike? it should be worth some cash if you stopped riding.

kv
"you're an onion,"
You aren't the first person who has said that to me. This site has seen little of my metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical, agricultural, psychological, Political Science, etc. After all, this is a tech site. There isn't much room to say what I believe about God, how to grow crops, how to control my heart rate, the side effects of a dozen broken bones, my years as a councilor, a show dog breeder, a draftsman, a carpenter, a sheet metal worker, a car mechanic, etc. I am sure there are a lot of multifaceted regulars here. They just don't tell.;)

Back to business: I only had that Harley for a year, and half of the time, I was working on it. I just wanted to take it apart and see what made it tick.:D Then I put it back together with a lot of shiny and sold it for the down payment on a house. Purely city driving, 30-40 MPH, usually to work and back home. Edit: If you consider the price of houses from 1971 to 2017, I would say that move was worth some cash today.:cool:

My back is whack because 40 years since a drunk driver modified my skeleton.:( And an attitude like tcm.:D
"Ima do anything I want and hope to die with a wrench in my hand.":)

Edit: After letting this roll around in my brain for a few hours, I think some explanation. Twenty-five years on crutches, even if it's part time, causes incredible upper body strength. Consider one I put in the jokes Thread that did not fly.:oops: "Hand a square foot of one inch steel plate to the guy next to you like it's an empty tin can.":D I was power lifting over 150 pounds for numbers like 50 reps, 50 times a day, 7 days a week. (Break that down into 3 ambulations per hour for 17 hours per day.)

That kind of power has to get to the floor through altered spinal column, pelvis, and legs. Same with any other kind of lifting, like setting up a 32 foot ladder or holding up half an air conditioner until you can get some lag bolts into the two by fours. It is this huge disparity between what I can do and what I should do, and injuries accumulate. Accumulate small injuries for 40 years and you wake up one day saying, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" (That's the tag line in a TV commercial for emergency pagers for old people.)

The muscles in my back are so lopsided that one doctor looked at me and said, "scoliosis?"
Nope. Just what happens when one leg pushes and the other leg drags.:( Now, think about transferring all that upper body power to the ground through two very unequal sets of muscles and two very different legs.:eek: Something has to give.

Last edited: