How would i go about connecting this CCTV camera to something?

NobodyExpects

Joined Sep 25, 2019
20190925_121439.jpg 20190925_121456.jpg

I found this CCTV camera, i haven't really too much idea bout CCTV cameras and such. Though i'm just interested in playing around with it/connecting it to a monitor or something. What would be the easiest way of doing so? I'm assuming the thicker black cable is power, and the yellow, orange and grey (ground?) are for video. Beyond that, i have nothing..

DNA Robotics

Joined Jun 13, 2014
I am working on an Elbex camera right now.

If you peel back that outer black insulation you may find a coax cable. I suspect that heavy black wire is the coax shield with shrink tube on it. That and whatever center wire comes out of the coax (gray?) will be the composite video that can hook up to most TVs. The yellow RCA inlet terminal socket.

The Elbex cameras I am working on say the other 2 wires will be 12 to 24 volts AC or DC and polarity doesn’t matter. But that isn’t your camera. If you can find a full wave bridge rectifier in it, that will be the case. (It could just be 4 diodes) To be safe, I would use 12 volts.

Last edited:

NobodyExpects

Joined Sep 25, 2019
I am working on an Elbex camera right now.

If you peel back that outer black insulation you may find a coax cable. I suspect that heavy black wire is the coax shield with shrink tube on it. That and whatever center wire comes out of the coax (gray?) will be the composite video that can hook up to most TVs. The yellow RCA inlet terminal socket.

The Elbex cameras I am working on say the other 2 wires will be 12 to 24 volts AC or DC and polarity doesn’t matter. But that isn’t your camera. If you can find a full wave bridge rectifier in it, that will be the case. (It could just be 4 diodes) To be safe, I would use 12 volts.

Cheers, i think that makes some sense to me.