how we can get dc current??? help...

adn07

Joined Sep 25, 2007
we all know from where we got a dc voltage ...but what about dc current
plz if you know a semple way tell me...

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
The DC current is created by the DC voltage whenever the circuit is completed. The DC current will always be directly proportional to the DC voltage and inversely proportional to the circuit series resistance.

adn07

Joined Sep 25, 2007
frindes thingmaker and beenthere.....what your are saying is absloutly right
mybe my qustion is not clear and i m sorry for that ...
i mean as a source !!!! we all know that we can get a dc voltage source from battries ....so how we can establish a dc current source as well ....thats what i meant ...
thanx for your response ...thanx alot..

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Any DC voltage can be a source of DC current. As soon as AC voltage is rectified, it becomes DC, and thus a DC current source.

Any DC voltage can be a source of DC current. As soon as AC voltage is rectified, it becomes DC, and thus a DC current source.
That's not even close to a current source as in Norton's theorem's sense. I think that's what he was interested in, that is, constant current no matter what the load is (within its compliance limits, of course).

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Look at this equation: AC current + Bridge or center-tap rectifier + Capacitor = DC current:D.

But if you are looking for an ideal current source, I will let you know that doesn't exist. The closest thing is a HV DC supply with a current limiter.