How was this drawn?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
on edit ...

You had already corrected your error when I posted ....

You have 9 tick marks and five numbers, including zero. I suspect your error is along those lines.

Disregard the above

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm late to the party but any decent drawing program (vector, as opposed to "paint" or pixel based) can do this with ease. Most have a rotate command that allows you to duplicate a tick mark and rotate the copy about an origin of your choosing. Repeat as many times as you need.

Personally, I would start in the middle with a horizontal text label, and then rotate the tick marks and the text, so that the text looks like it does in the first photo. Go one direction - positive angles - and then follow that same procedure in the opposite direction - negative angles Once you get the "unit cell" right and the angle to rotate it, the rest is just repeat, repeat, repeat. Finish by editing the text.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'm late to the party but any decent drawing program (vector, as opposed to "paint" or pixel based) can do this with ease. Most have a rotate command that allows you to duplicate a tick mark and rotate the copy about an origin of your choosing. Repeat as many times as you need.

Personally, I would start in the middle with a horizontal text label, and then rotate the tick marks and the text, so that the text looks like it does in the first photo. Go one direction - positive angles - and then follow that same procedure in the opposite direction - negative angles Once you get the "unit cell" right and the angle to rotate it, the rest is just repeat, repeat, repeat. Finish by editing the text.

The key is finding it. :) Do you know if it can be done with Gimp? And how to do it?

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
On the subject of CAD, I use Excel as a cheapie drawing tool.

Just move the grid lines very close together (about 1/8") like graph paper.

It works fine for rectangular or angular shapes and I can use the letters "O" for bolt/screw holes. However, if you need to draw a circle, you're outa luck.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004

Corel is one.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hola SP
Trying to quote your question in my tablet seems impossible today.

Finding a transparent material with adhesive was not possible for me.

I opted to replace the whole faceplate (?) by one piece of the material used to print visit cards of high quality. The local name is opalina.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I opted to replace the whole faceplate (?) by one piece of the material used to print visit cards of high quality. The local name is opalina.
They printed the control panel for you? What material was used for the panel? Did they provide the material or did you?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I printed it with my office's Epson ink jet printer.

But how did you get the printing on the panel? Oh I understand. The panel was replaced with the paper card you purchased? Was it glued onto the exiting panel or did you completely replace it?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
But how did you get the printing on the panel? Oh I understand. The panel was replaced with the paper card you purchased? Was it glued onto the exiting panel or did you completely replace it?
In the one shown, the piece of opaline IS the panel (backed by a discarded plastic ID card from my medical service).

I holed both carefully and used the pots' nuts to keep them in place. Enough for the PID controller that still is a project in progress. Otherwise, instead of the card I would bond it to the original panel.

Last edited: