How to stop a device when light on?

navaneet31

Joined Mar 1, 2011
I want to make a project.In traffic signals red ,yellow,and green colours are there.When red light start glowing the device(car or bike) automatically (switch off) i.e automatically stop.i want to make that project .can any one give me the circuit diagram...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You seem to be wishing to make a device that can spot traffic control lights with absolute accuracy. This would seem to present quite a challenge - especially at night when there are many other light sources present that would make positive identification of traffic light difficult.

When you say
When red light start glowing the device(car or bike) automatically (switch off) i.e automatically stop
that sounds like the vehicle will stop without regard for the other traffic.

Can you tell us how you are planning on dealing with these problems?

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
This problem would require more than a "circuit diagram" for its solution. Correct recognition of visual cues by a machine in an uncontrolled environment is a subject for advanced research. Some people are sceptical about the degree to which this will ever be possible.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
else when a signal is sent it will recieve by the reciever then the motor will stops.Is it possible
It is possible to make this setup in a controlled setting. Like in your school lab. But for a real world setting. Not very likely.
By the way what is "colz", and is this a school project

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
You could use a photoresistor. With correct calibration under a controlled environment, you could distinguish red and green.

I emphasise on controlled environment.