How to solder wire on Piezo Disc?

moneshrathod

Joined Dec 19, 2023
I am working on a project that has this piezo sensor I want to know how I can solder wire to it
1)What kind of wire do I need to use
2)Do I need to place any contact points on the piezo disc (contact are metal plate placed on some piezo)
3)What is the redial and normal resonating frequency in piezo
4)Where I can read and learn more about piezo
5)I am looking for a consultant in the piezo and ultrasonic domain if anyone knows or can guide I'm interested in talking with them
Piezo Image

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
IF the piezo disc has plated on copper patterns you can solder to those.Use thin flexible wire, tin the portion to be connected before soldering, use tin/lead solder and make he soldering as fast as possible.
If there are no plated copper pads then you will need to provide those flat copper metal pads.

moneshrathod

Joined Dec 19, 2023
IF the piezo disc has plated on copper patterns you can solder to those.Use thin flexible wire, tin the portion to be connected before soldering, use tin/lead solder and make he soldering as fast as possible.
If there are no plated copper pads then you will need to provide those flat copper metal pads.
What is flat copper metal pads I think my piezo do not anything like this so do I need to buy It?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
For the answer to your question in post #3, it is the items in your question 2 in post #1.
In addition, some of the piezo elements shown in that link have the plated attachment areas while others do not have them.
AND what sort of "design engineer" IS the Thread Starter??