How To Solder Reversing Camera Video Cable To Head Unit?

zakmuh

Joined Jul 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I'm after some advice to connect a reversing camera yellow video cable to the pin/circuit board of my Erisin ES7677M touch screen head unit ( http://www.erisinwholesale.com/spec...m-62-kia-car-dvd-gps-radio-3g-player-440.html ). Please see attached pics.

Basically, I've been trying to get hold of the RCA loom, which comes with video/audio/power cables to the RCA/AUX port , but to no vail. The model I have is a rare one which came with my car. So I couldn't even find one on Ebay. So I was wondering if I could get a female video connector lead , chop it off and solder the end to the pin number 15 of RCA/AUX port at the back of the unit (please see attached pic).

1. Can I do that? If yes, then to which one I should solder the video cable ground/the other wire?
2. Should I connect the camera power (powered from reversing light) cable to number 11 (back detection), which says 'reverse' on the orage with black tracer wire in the second pic?

IMG_20170501_103542.jpg

IMG_20170501_103602.jpg

RCA female lead.JPG

Any advice on this much appreciated.

Cheers

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Yes looks like you can solder the yellow phono socket to pins 13/14 gnd and either pins 16/18 video output on the RCA socket.

zakmuh

Joined Jul 25, 2016
Thanks Dave :)

I think I'm gonna have to open up the cover and solder the wire internally - tight spacing there at the socket!

I'll get this soldered and update the post later on.

Cheers

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I normally run the reverse camera power from ACC so it stays on all the time while connecting the 'reverse/backing' wire to the reversing light. There is usually head-unit function to select the reverse view even if the car is not in reverse.

zakmuh

Joined Jul 25, 2016
Thanks.

I checked and I don't think theres a function to select the 'camera input' in my head unit, but to select other 2 video inputs. All what it does is, when I give 12v to 11 'reversing' wire, it activates the screen for reverse camera video signal.

It's been a lovely weekend, so I've been busy golfing and cycling. I'm in the middle of buying loomed phono sockets. I've got the board and pins exposed though. I'll start soldering tonight.

I might fit a front view camera connecting it to 15, which I can then select whenever I want to, as the way you've done nsaspook :)

Last edited:

geraldo77

Joined Mar 28, 2020
Hi Guys,

I'm after some advice to connect a reversing camera yellow video cable to the pin/circuit board of my Erisin ES7677M touch screen head unit ( http://www.erisinwholesale.com/spec...m-62-kia-car-dvd-gps-radio-3g-player-440.html ). Please see attached pics.

Basically, I've been trying to get hold of the RCA loom, which comes with video/audio/power cables to the RCA/AUX port , but to no vail. The model I have is a rare one which came with my car. So I couldn't even find one on Ebay. So I was wondering if I could get a female video connector lead , chop it off and solder the end to the pin number 15 of RCA/AUX port at the back of the unit (please see attached pic).

1. Can I do that? If yes, then to which one I should solder the video cable ground/the other wire?
2. Should I connect the camera power (powered from reversing light) cable to number 11 (back detection), which says 'reverse' on the orage with black tracer wire in the second pic?

View attachment 130910

View attachment 130912

View attachment 130913

Any advice on this much appreciated.

Cheers
Hi,I have just registered and am new to the forum.In answer to zakmuh's problem. I have the same head unit and needed the same hookup.After a lot of head banging i managed to find a result.The company you need to contact is Alibaba.com They supplied the RCA cable complete with 11 female connectors and the correct plug.Hope this is useful to you.